Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New old guitar day, for the Gibson fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old guitar day, for the Gibson fans.

I found this beauty, with the original case , 1967 Gibson SG jr. It is missing the tremolo bar, but other wise in stellar condition. The fucker has the Angus Young vibe. I never played a guitar with p-90's, it sounds great. The shithead at guitar center was trying to bullshit me about what it was. Enjoy

Last edited by Horse Called War; 08-23-2012, 01:18 PM.

wow. that is really clean! P90s are fun for sure. they offer up a tone that is thick and meaty. enjoy!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Definitely has the Angus vibe!

Very cool find.

Comment

Very cool P 90's kick ass !!
        Possible headstock refin?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It does look like that way, but I don't think so. If I told you guys what I paid for it, you wouldn't believe me. Deal of the century

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
            It does look like that way, but I don't think so. If I told you guys what I paid for it, you wouldn't believe me. Deal of the century
            I'll bite. I'll believe you. Tell me how much. There's one at GC Nashville but the ass-hats want $2700 for it. Too much for my blood and I already have a 1963 SG Special. One thing I like about the 1967 SG Junior is that the upper fret access is real easy. I wonder if that comes at a price of neck dive. Also, I don't like the fatter neck on the 67. My 1963 has the perfect neck profile, just like my SL2H and 2002 60s necked USA LP.

Comment

Headstocks were always black I thought.

Comment

60's bodies only came in a couple colors. Heritage red and Alpine white. Not sure when the Pelham blue was. I don't recall a natural Mahogany body. Still a great guitar. I have the same bridge and vibrato on my 65' SG Special.
                Last edited by axmann; 08-25-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Still bet it had a repair or refin in the past.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I like the look of that. Grats!
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X