Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Rich Marc Rizzo Sig Stealth... anyone play one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Marc Rizzo Sig Stealth... anyone play one?

What are the necks like, any good?
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I've played tons of BCR imports, including these. My conclusion? Just about all the import guitars these days feel the same. Same factory, same finish. Nothing wrong with them but nothing unique. They all have that plastic feel to them. If you're looking for something special feeling look elsewhere. I got a set neck (shaped with a neck thru heel) import Warlock from Musician's Friend on clearance a while back for $250. Street price was probably $600-800. Pretty flawless construction but no life at all. I feel the same about most BCR imports. The handmaids are still pretty nice and have been pretty consistent (at least the NAMM ones have been).

If you ever wanna check out a handmade BCR or a Moser, lemme know. I'm in the Bay Area too. I have Moser 10 and 3 BCRS: Beast, Widow, and Warlock.

Comment

I asked about these a few months ago and got positive feedback from a few people here. I went with a COW7 instead, so I can't give any review of my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
        I asked about these a few months ago and got positive feedback from a few people here. I went with a COW7 instead, so I can't give any review of my own.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/127...Pro-Marc-Rizzo
        Thanks for the link. I actually agree with Codex. If I'm gonna drop close to a grand, I might as well just get a custom.

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
        I've played tons of BCR imports, including these. My conclusion? Just about all the import guitars these days feel the same. Same factory, same finish. Nothing wrong with them but nothing unique. They all have that plastic feel to them. If you're looking for something special feeling look elsewhere. I got a set neck (shaped with a neck thru heel) import Warlock from Musician's Friend on clearance a while back for $250. Street price was probably $600-800. Pretty flawless construction but no life at all. I feel the same about most BCR imports. The handmaids are still pretty nice and have been pretty consistent (at least the NAMM ones have been).
        Meh. You know what I'm looking for, or at least what I'm trying to avoid. Yeah, that "pretty nice" ticky tacky import feeling isn't it.

If you ever wanna check out a handmade BCR or a Moser, lemme know. I'm in the Bay Area too. I have Moser 10 and 3 BCRS: Beast, Widow, and Warlock.
        Thanks for the offer! I've owned several BC USAs... a couple of STs and a Custom Warlock. I couldn't get on with the Warlock. Sounded awesome, played great, the body was just not comfortable in any position I could adjust it, it sat wrong. Played one show with the Warlock and listed it back on ebay the next day. I'm more of a Mockingbird/Eagle/Stealth body guy.

I'd get a Custom Schuldiner, but I like the Marc Rizzo config better. I may order a custom, but I dread the wait times...

Any idea who the best dealer to order from?
        Last edited by xenophobe; 09-11-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

BeatStreet Music has decent prices. Music Zoo has inflated prices but good sale prices.

Have you thought about Rico Jr or GMW?

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
            BeatStreet Music has decent prices. Music Zoo has inflated prices but good sale prices.

Have you thought about Rico Jr or GMW?
            Haven't thought about Rico Jr. I did want to buy the black single hum rev strathead GMW that was on ebay a week ago, but the owner was an idiot and ended up selling it without giving me an offer. I don't think he was happy when I said $1200 shipped was my highest offer with those crappy pics and that I was waiting for the high res pics to make a better offer. I'm sure he didn't get more than $1k for it. I loved the config so I was willing to overpay, but you miss one, something else will come around...

Comment

I played one of them in a Guitar Center, and it had the fattest neck I've ever played on a seven string. Makes sense and all of course, but I've played a COW, Agile, Douglas, Ibanez, Schecter, etc etc, and none of them were as big and uncomfortable as the Rich.

Comment

I had one. The neck isn't near as fat as Schecter. I actually loved the neck on it. I got the neck specs from music zoo before i bought it and had the actual measurements, i don't remember them but they are pretty average for a seven string, nothing out of the ordinary. Slight flatted D shape. It does get thicker at the heel, but i liked it, felt natural. My beef was the frets are not the biggest Jumbo, they are probably just Jumbo. I'll play anything really, but i prefer extra jumbo. That's what i would have changed on it. It sounded Great, but it does have a lot of neck dive ( i figured as much before buying ). If you're going to play it standing up, you need a weighted strap, or move the strap buttons whatever. I did play it extended time standing up, and most of the time i had my foot up on a monitor, or wrapping the strap around the top horn, kinda worked. It's one of the coolest looking retail sevens ever though, and a 25.5" scale Stealth so i had to have one. I would have kept the guitar as my number 1 had i not got basically my money back for it, and really needed the money, it was the last of my "nice" guitars i sold.

Comment

Working...
                X