No announcement yet.

Rand Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting how some of them have recessed Floyds and some are non-recessed.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Yes, but I'm not selling

I have a feeling mine is one of the few Rand Vs - if not the only one - he ever produced.
      Yeah, you'd be crazy to sell that thing unless a) it sucked (which I doubt!) or b) you needed to liquidate.

Rupe, I think of these I like the dark orange and the purple with black hardware the most. They're all sweet though.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Very cool!! What is the neck like? (Thick or thin?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          Awesome collection. I don't know much about them, but I've always been very curious. If you do decide to part with anything, keep me in mind...

How does the neck feel? Is it similar to a Jackson, or some other brand? What wood(s) are they made of? How old are they?

Hope you don't mind all the questions!
          The neck shape is basically a thin C...definitely bigger than an Ibanez, reminds me a bit of some old Soloists that I've owned/played. The closest production necks that I can think of as a comparison would be a Tom Anderson Even Taper or a Gibson 60's profile.

Body/neck wood is mahogany and the fretboards are pau ferro. I have heard that there were some made from alder but I've never seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
            I still think Californians are better. Been around a lil' longer, I think.
            I like Californians, but the Rand was first. In fact, a Hamer rep told me that it was the direct inspiration for the Californian. I've played plenty of both, wouldn't trade a Rand for a Cali (or three) under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
              Interesting how some of them have recessed Floyds and some are non-recessed.
              The production models were all recessed and had set necks. The prototypes (blue and the "Is This Love" guitar) are both neck thru with top mount Floyds.

Comment

Thanks for all of the comments everyone...glad some people enjoyed the pics

Comment

NICE, always liked Rans, never actually played one.

Comment

Hi Rupe! You may have the greatest Rand collection of all time? Keep em coming... they are fantastic looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                      The neck shape is basically a thin C...definitely bigger than an Ibanez, reminds me a bit of some old Soloists that I've owned/played. The closest production necks that I can think of as a comparison would be a Tom Anderson Even Taper or a Gibson 60's profile.

Body/neck wood is mahogany and the fretboards are pau ferro. I have heard that there were some made from alder but I've never seen one.
                      Thanks for the info!

I love mahogany, now I'm even more interested. Very curious about the feel. I have a Gibson 60s profile LP that I don't really like the feel of, but I have a few older soloists that I do like. My guess is I'll never just bump into a Rand and be able to try one out in person

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        NICE, always liked Rans, never actually played one.
                        Yeah, you don't see them around ever... I've always wanted one, but never found one that I wanted for sale...
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

mmmmm... now my teeth hurt

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Yeah, you don't see them around ever... I've always wanted one, but never found one that I wanted for sale...
                          they only made 2 black ones....

I love that blue proto
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

These are the best shred guitars out there. I had to sell my blue one a few years back but things are finally looking up so I might hit you up soon Rupe for one of these. Love the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              they only made 2 black ones....

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X