NGD ESP and TCM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD ESP and TCM!!!!

2 new guitars for me. ESP EC-1000 Deluxe and a 1998 Terry C McInturff Glory Standard. Number 38 from 1998.
    If you know anything about Terry's hand made guitars you know he is an A list luthier. Its an amazing piece of wood and I can't believe I actually own it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Grats!

I think ESP makes the best single-cut clones, bar none. If I were going to get one, I'd probably get a proper Navigator Les Paul. Those are outstanding, but I don't dig the design at all.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

very nice. That TCM logo - is it just his signature in silver marker?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats.

The color of blue combined with the grain on that Terry looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          Grats!

I think ESP makes the best single-cut clones, bar none. If I were going to get one, I'd probably get a proper Navigator Les Paul. Those are outstanding, but I don't dig the design at all.
          Yep, me too!
          I do like ESPs and your single cutaway has a great looking flame and I love the binding and inlays.
          What is the neck like on the ESP?
          No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            Yep, me too!
            I do like ESPs and your single cutaway has a great looking flame and I love the binding and inlays.
            Its similar to the wide/thin PRS neck profile on their Custom 24. The big difference is the size of the frets. The frets on this ESP are Xtra Jumbo. Its almost like playing a scalloped guitar neck.

The ESP came stock with Sperzel locking tuners, an Earvana nut, a tone pros bridge and a Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge.
            I got it last night. I got the McInturff tonight. I was going to buy a TCM a few years ago but I just couldn't come up with that much cash. I had to perform a few miracles and have a crap load of luck to get this guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              very nice. That TCM logo - is it just his signature in silver marker?

Yes but its under the clear coat. Its also hand serial numbered on tha back in gold sharpie under the clear coat. The guitar has custom wound custom shop Dimarzio's in it, its full Honduran Mahogony body and neck. The entire guitar is handmade with basic machine shop saws and sanders. The wood is chosen for its tone. Terry uses one of those machines that checks for a 440 tone. Each guitar is hand made in North Carolina with no computer machinery. The balance and resonance of this guitar is as good as the PRS Dragon 2 that I owned. That guitar was $5500.00. Actually, this one is a little more snappy sounding. The fret markers are some kind of shell I think its called Pau? , the top is at least 1/4" thick. This is one serious axe.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Grats!

I hear you bro. I played an EC-400 with EMG's in it that blew me away so when this EC-1000 Deluxe came up I took a chance on it and what a surprise. I have had $3000.00 LP's, $5000.00 PRS's and everything inbetween and this el cheapo EC-1000 Deluxe can hang with any of them. Heck... it came with $200.00 worth of Seymour Duncans in it, locking Sperzel tuners an Earvana nut, Tone pros bridge. The parts alone without the guitar cost almost as much as the guitar costs total!

Comment

Both are very nice good score!
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The McInturff Glory is just amazing sounding. Playing wise.. it plays as good as any really nice PRS Custom. Sounding wise.. the McInturff has a more lively tone to it. You can feel the strings resonating through the body. Its hard to describe. Also, the custom wound custom shop Dimarzio's and the 5 way switch can do some pretty magical things. This guitar can sound like an LP, like a PRS Custom or like a Strat.
                    The best way to describe it is its similar to the PRS 5 way rotary switch but this guitar doesn't have that "women tone".
                    It has that position 2 and 4 strat quack. The Neck position is cream city. The bridge position has a ton of character with bite, clarity and punch. The middle position (position 3) is actually useable!! The balance of tone between the pickups allows this position to still be really clear. I never had luck with the middle position in any 2 humbucker guitar. So... to me... this guitar has 5 useable positions.
                    Terry really knows what he is doing. I read that he made guitars for Brad Whitford, Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton.

Comment

The McInTurff looks amazing, congrats on the new scores.

I just wanted to ask, I was interested in an EC-1000 at one point and the specs look great on paper, but when I got to actually trying it out, it felt really light and lacking in the testicular department. Did I have a dud? Whats the weight and feel like?
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                        Yep, me too!
                        I don't know about his EC, but the Navigator I played felt just like a LP, except it was completely flawless.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        I hear you bro. I played an EC-400 with EMG's in it that blew me away so when this EC-1000 Deluxe came up I took a chance on it and what a surprise. I have had $3000.00 LP's, $5000.00 PRS's and everything inbetween and this el cheapo EC-1000 Deluxe can hang with any of them. Heck... it came with $200.00 worth of Seymour Duncans in it, locking Sperzel tuners an Earvana nut, Tone pros bridge. The parts alone without the guitar cost almost as much as the guitar costs total!
                        I haven't actually played an EC, but ESP's LP copies are great. I want one of the SG clones, probably a 7, but they're almost all fixed bridge. If a floyded one comes up on ebay, I'm grabbing it. lol
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                          The McInTurff looks amazing, congrats on the new scores.

I just wanted to ask, I was interested in an EC-1000 at one point and the specs look great on paper, but when I got to actually trying it out, it felt really light and lacking in the testicular department. Did I have a dud? Whats the weight and feel like?
                          Did you play an EC-1000 or an EC-1000 Deluxe? Mine is medium weight. About the same as a PRS CE-24. It plays and sounds great. No issues at all. Sure.. it doesn't sound as good as my $3000.00 McInturff but it sounds and plays and looks as good as any LP I have ever owned. The fit and finish on this EC-1000 Deluxe is flawless.

Comment

Played both at band rehearsal tonight before our show coming up this Saturday. Its official. The McInturff just makes every other guitar sound bad.
                            I started off with the ESP. I played it for at least an hour. My bandmates were loving it. I was loving it. That guitar rips and does everything good. Its a fine instrument. I then plugged in the McInturff Glory and I was blown away. This guitar sings. Thats the best way to describe it. It sings.

Comment

Congrats. I have had a couple of Glorys. They are top notch for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X