No announcement yet.

Hamer Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a bunch of USA Hamers. Fine guitars. One of my favorites was the Californian.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      I had a bunch of USA Hamers. Fine guitars. One of my favorites was the Californian.
      Yup. Something along these lines?

Oh and then there's this:

And this:

And while I won't show you the custom order Cali that's due to come in any day now, there is this:
      Last edited by vector; 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

So I am confused by something - I had the Hamer catalog (I think it was 89 maybe? I may be off it's been a while) that had the trans yellow Hamer Californian on the cover. Anyway a few years later I was finally making good $$ and I contacted them about building me a Californian and they flat out refused to do it and I think the only option was some import model that really didn't have the look of the US made ones.

Did they just stop making them for a while?
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
          So I am confused by something - I had the Hamer catalog (I think it was 89 maybe? I may be off it's been a while) that had the trans yellow Hamer Californian on the cover. Anyway a few years later I was finally making good $$ and I contacted them about building me a Californian and they flat out refused to do it and I think the only option was some import model that really didn't have the look of the US made ones.

Did they just stop making them for a while?

Yes, no and yes again. Yes they stopped making USA Cali's as well as a host of other body styles in the early- mid 90's. Then, a few years ago, they started making almost anything you wanted. You could have gotten one made then. But now Hamer USA is kaput. I put in an order for a custom set neck Cali w/ 2 humbuckers about a year ago. That order will likely be one of the very last ones out the door now that FMIC has pulled the plug on Hamer.

Comment

Nice Hamers ... like the Standard.
            Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

stagemaster is a cool axe, especially with binding in the neck!

Comment

Working...
              X