NGD: Sterling SUB Silo3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Sterling SUB Silo3

Well I ordered one of the new Sterling SUB Silo3 guitars by Musicman last week. It just came in today. I have to say that it's a really nice guitar. Especially for the price! The neck is awesome on these guitars! Feels like the USA Silo's. I used to have a Silo Special and this guitar is almost identical. The finish is fantastic as well. My only grip is that the pickups are lack-luster. So I'll be changing those in the near future but other than that it's golden. I got the white one.

cool. I've long wanted a white/white Silhouette. Haven't seriously checked out the SUBs it is good to hear they are a solid instrument. They might be a cheap option for now. Let us know how you like it after the honeymoon is over
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Grats! And you should know by now, pictures are obligatory.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Honeymoon is over with and I'm still loving this guitar! I made a couple changes. I put in some shorter bridge saddle screws so that I could lower the action and not have long screws digging in my pick hand palm. Then I found a set of Fender pickups that I used to replace the stock pickups. The stock pickups are my one and only grip about the guitar. They were very weak. I've now had this guitar completely apart. Neck off, pickups and electronics out and I can honestly say that the build quality is superb for any price range guitar but unheard for under $200! These guitars are a steal for the money.

Comment

I'm hearing a lot of good things about these SUBs. I'd really like to try the AX3 model.

Comment

I have no clue as what this is. Pictures?

Comment

It's just a standard white model but it's a killer guitar. Here's some quick picks of it although there was some glare from the sun. I like how these guitar have the 5 bolted neck like my USA Music Man guitars. Pretty cool! Whenever I took the pickguard off to install the new pickups was where I was really surprised. The pickguard was shielded, the cavity had that black shielding type paint inside and the wiring was twisted up into a nice and neat bunch with a zip tie around it. They could have skimped inside there because most people would never see that stuff but they didn't.

Comment

Very nice! How's the stability of the trem?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is this what replaced the OLP line? Or was that a totally different company that just made copies. They seem to be priced similar.

Comment

The trem is OK but I haven't used it a whole lot. It's set flat against the body right now but I can make it float a little bit. The spring tension is too tight on it right now to use it too much but I did try a few things and was surprised how it stayed in tune. They cut the nut on these really good and I think that makes all the difference in the world as far as tuning stability.

The Sterling series did replace the OLP line. I have a OLP Axis as well and the quality on that one is also good. Actually has a flamed maple neck! Like I said, with this one I paid $169 brand new and another $60 for some decent pickups to go in it. I think that was a killer deal for as good as this thing sounds and plays. I can't say enough good things about it. Also, after reading the reviews on them everybody seems to have the same praise I do about the guitar and the same grip about the pickups.

Comment

Cool. Great deal, indeed!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Still impressed with this guitar! I just set the trem up to float and not only does it stay in tune well but it even does the little flutter thing when you smack it! Cool!

Comment

Working...
                        X