mighty mite necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mighty mite necks?

Anyone have experience with the quality of their products? How they compare with Warmoth, ect? Is the fretwork generally decent? Are we talking japanese J/C quality, or more like mexican Fender stuff?

Ever hear the saying "You get what you pay for"?. I have one Mighty Might neck I picked up for around 75. It's pretty descent, but the AllParts neck I picked up for about $175 (SMO-C I believe) was outstanding. I bought the Allparts neck from Sam Ash a couple of years ago, didn't really have a project and took it back. I still have the Mighty Mite neck (bought a few months ago). I bought it used so I'm not sure what's been messed with it, but it will need some work - finish sanding mainly.

I've never had a Warmoth neck - seen a few used for sale.

IMO Mighty Mite is less than MIM or MIJ quality. Allparts = MIJ quality.

Comment

Never had a Warmoth neck but I have a MightyMite on a RR Ex project that imho, is really good. I've put it next to the MIJ Std Pro necks and the original neck off of the RR Ex and found it to be equal or better in fret work, finish and feel.

Comment

MM is hit or miss. If you spend the time to FIX them after you get em they are fine. I generally find the need to clean up the fret ends and re-ream the tuner holes etc.
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

shit I had to do that to an american made neck. Cost me almost $300 for the neck and I bet if I tried I could have sawed a log with the fretends.

Comment

Plan on fretwork. There's a reason you can get them for under $100.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X