NGD- The Python has returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- The Python has returned

Some here may recall my thread on the Hamer Cali Limited Edition with Python paint job by Dan Lawrence. Well, it has returned from BCR Greg's magic workbench and holy shit! Plays and sounds as good as it looks.

A few noteworthy mentions: The Bare Knuckle Holy Diver was shipped out with less than stellar QC- Greg had to take it apart and re-solder some leads. Poor form, BK!

The frets on this beauty are just about past their prime and it will definitely need a complete re-fret within next 6 months depending on how much use it gets. While I'm bummed about the impending cost of that, I'm also excited about putting some proper jumbos on it and extending the life of this monster another 15 - 20 years. Not bad for a guitar made in '89.

Here's the run down- sanded down the body, filled all dings and divots, plugged the selector switch slot, drilled out the tone knob hole to accept a toggle switch- added Switchcraft toggle, BK Holy Diver, SD Lil' 59, new Schaller Floyd w/FU big brass block upgrade, new input jack, neck divots filled and entire neck finish satin-ized.

Great looking rock machine!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Greg does awesome work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy71 View Post
        Greg does awesome work!!!
        Yes he does!

Comment

No cockdragon?! FUCK THIS SHIT!

But seriously, nice snake you got there!
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
            No cockdragon?! FUCK THIS SHIT!
            Cock dragon is a Jackson/Charvel- exclusive theme. Wouldn't have worked for a Hamer.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
              The frets on this beauty are just about past their prime and it will definitely need a complete re-fret within next 6 months depending on how much use it gets. While I'm bummed about the impending cost of that, I'm also excited about putting some proper jumbos on it and extending the life of this monster another 15 - 20 years.
              Get stainless frets and they should outlast the rest of the guitar.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Get stainless frets and they should outlast the rest of the guitar.
                A really good idea except... let's put it this way, I seriously doubt I'll still be playing in 20 years time. And in light of the fact that I have no progeny to pass all my axes along to when I do stop playing, I'm not sure stainless is really worth the expense.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Looks amazing!
                      Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                      Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                      http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                      http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                        Cock dragon is a Jackson/Charvel- exclusive theme. Wouldn't have worked for a Hamer.
                        Good point.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Warning: resurrected thread

After playing the Python Cali (w/ Bare Knuckles Holy Diver/ Lil' 59) for about a month, I sent it out to get much needed new frets and swap the p'ups. I went with stainless steel jumbos, a WCR Murkat Special in the bridge and a Hot Rails in the neck. Damn glad I did! This thing is a mutha fuckin' fire breathing juggernaut now! Holy fuck, it sounds nice. Perfect blend of 80's tonality and killer playability. Never realized what a diff the stainless frets make- smooth, almost effortless bends and slightly clearer notes. The Murkat emphasizes the harmonics and all manner of picking nuances. Think somewhere along the lines of a slightly more articulate JB with better mids. The Hot Rails is the beefiest neck single sized HB p'up I've ever heard. All I can say is: Wow.

Comment

I probably would have opted for stainless frets too. I had a Hot Rails in the neck position in my ESP The Mirage. I ended up yanking it back out as it sounded too muddy. Glad your enjoying the guitar, it looks killer!
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              I probably would have opted for stainless frets too. I had a Hot Rails in the neck position in my ESP The Mirage. I ended up yanking it back out as it sounded too muddy. Glad your enjoying the guitar, it looks killer!
                              Hmm. The Hot Rails in both of my Cali LE's sound great. What did you end up going with in your Mirage?

Comment

Working...
                              X