No announcement yet.

HOLY SHIT the gangs all here it finally arrived. EBMM BFR Petrucci JPM Koa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Beach with my medical stuff I sacrificed a ton of stuff that never got posted here, it was a replacement for things lost. I planned only to keep 1 of the 2 I originally purchased. I always wanted a koa guitar that wasnt some lower import. But after playing the sky blue I wasnt willing to risk getting the koa ordered and finding out the sky blue was so much better....but the 2 are so different I want both now.

The CSB was just a mistake that I decided to keep and use as a wildcard in the equation. I am selling it for what I have into it.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

They are all beauties but I agree the CSB is the lesser of the group. I have been looking at these for a while. How do the necks compare to a promod and is the piezo worth the extra money?

Comment

Piezo is worth EVERY PENNY I freakin love it. It blows the ones from my Ibanez's out of the water. The promod neck I have nver played but the neck to me is reminiscent of a charvel model series crossed with say a Peavey wolfgang.

I cant really compare them ot anything else I have I now am only playing these. I have a TON of stuff but I find myself grabbing the blue one the most out of the 2 and only playing the two of them lately.
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Awesome!!! I own a JP6 and it's my favorite guitar. Congratz!!!
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Congrats on all of them! I know what you mean about sacrificing instruments. I've unfortunately had to let a bunch go over the years myself.

That sky blue is quickly becoming my favorite color! Does it have a lot of birds eye on the back of the neck? I'm a sucker for a cool birds eye or flamed maple neck!

Comment

Ill get some pics of the birdseye I would say this one isnt as heavily eyed (if thats a word) as some but the definition and coloration in them compared to the surrounding wood makes em look cool as hell
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                Piezo is worth EVERY PENNY I freakin love it. It blows the ones from my Ibanez's out of the water. The promod neck I have nver played but the neck to me is reminiscent of a charvel model series crossed with say a Peavey wolfgang.

I cant really compare them ot anything else I have I now am only playing these. I have a TON of stuff but I find myself grabbing the blue one the most out of the 2 and only playing the two of them lately.
                Coloradoman, which Ibanez piezo's have you compared to? I'm GAS'ing BIG TIME for the EBMM w/piezo and I currently have an Ibanez 2120XVV that I'm thinking about parting with to help fund my GAS for the EBMM. I would definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts on the differences between the two. Thanks!
                E = Fb

Comment

I had the sa2120xav This was a nice guitar and played great, BUT it lacks a fullness that the JPM's have. There is just more body to the sound and its less "airy" vs the Ibanez. It really mimics an acoustic well and rounds with a nice full body sound. To me its just a much better sound.

I always wanted one of the xvv;s like you have in blue to make a faux JP90th out of but the EBMM more than took that place.
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

So a bit of an update. Having played them both a bit as of right now I still just dont like the higher end BFR series as much as my blue JP6. I find myself trying to like the koa because its gorgeous but it just doesnt feel as nice as the blue one.

I think the difference in body size and cuts along with the difference in wood is making me lean towards the first one I bought. I am kinda interested to try a JPX as well as the JP12. I am debating unloading the Koa but I really LOVE the way it looks. I wish I could get a nice trans top with exotic wood in the same cuts that the JP6 has. To me the contour cut on the front just feels so much better to me.

Both are of impeccable quality. Looking them over closely theres no oversprays, no flaws that I can find in any way with their construction. They truly are a cut above most anything else I have played right off the shelf.

These things have also convinced me that any more customs that I build for myself will have a piezo. The versatility and sound I am getting from these is killer. I liked them in my ibanez but its just a world above in these. They lend me some tones that I am just in love with. So much so that I am building a killer tele right now and its getting a fishman bridge.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

What's the neck profile like and what fret size do they have? How was the factory setup?

Comment

Factory set up was good neck profile vary's by model and so does the frets. Which model are you refereing to the BFR or the JP6
                        Haters gonna hate

Comment

I didn't know the profile varied by model. What's the differences between the profiles. I'm digging the black Stealth model and was wondering what the neck was like. I like thicker necks on my guitars. Do any of the models come with Jumbo frets?

Comment

the black is a JPX i think the best thing to do is just send you do the EBMM site it has all the specs. I dont think any of them have jumbos. The JPX does have stainless frets as do all the new ones now.

I apologize i dont have all the info your asking but i dont have the time to look it up at the moment.
                            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                            X