X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent job!
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think projects like that are pretty cool + you did a great job on it I dig the graphic touches you did too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I can't beleive you painted that flame top and the back and that neck. By any chance, are you doing this in the prison workshop?
        Are you that dude that was obsessed with halloween and murdered his mum and sister?

Still you've done a great job, it does look bloody good and came out nice.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Very nice work! I'm surprised to hear that they are vinyl graphics. They certainly don't look it plus I would think the one on the back of the neck would be so thick you'd feel it during playing. I guess not though. Very cool!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Was the neck a tight fit? So many of those I've seen have some shoddy neck joints.
            Need shims and things like that is what I mean.
            Came out nice tho'.
            Neck was a good fit, you can see a bit of gap between the neck and the body in the neck pickup cavity and there was a bit of a gap under the neck but she's on there solid.

Originally posted by guitarguy2237 View Post
            That is absolutley kickass! how much did this cost total, parts-wise? I think I might try something like this.
            I can't really say for sure, I would venture to guess I have prolly somewhere between $500-$700 into this.

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
            I can't beleive you painted that flame top and the back and that neck. By any chance, are you doing this in the prison workshop?
            Are you that dude that was obsessed with halloween and murdered his mum and sister?

Still you've done a great job, it does look bloody good and came out nice.
            Sorry, you must have me mistaken for someone else, sounds like a fan of the Rob Zombie flicks to me.
            As I said earlier I did have my doubts about painting over the top once I got the body, but it was one of those things where I had my idea for this and I stuck to it, and I painted the neck 'cuz I like painted necks.

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
            Very nice work! I'm surprised to hear that they are vinyl graphics. They certainly don't look it plus I would think the one on the back of the neck would be so thick you'd feel it during playing. I guess not though. Very cool!
            The ones on the body and headstock do stand out a bit, to where you can feel the edges, but I managed to get enough clear over the one on the neck to where you can't feel a thing.
            I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Working...
            X