Need a 7 or 6 string. Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 7 or 6 string. Ideas?

Income tax time is soon upon me and I want to get a 7 string or 6 string baritone so I can do more drop tuning songs. . I'm figuring on spending in the neighborhood of $800ish and would like a locking trem, longer than 25.5 inch scale, thin neck and be a basic S body. I would appreciate any info on what you would think is a great guitar that's roughly in my guidelines. The only things I've been finding is either Ibanez or Schecter. Is their more than these 2? Thanks guys.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Check the NAMM threads. Jackson just released a bunch of baritones. In various shades of gray.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Why not one of the new X-series SLATs? They have a 26.5" scale length and they come with Floyds.

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Check the NAMM threads. Jackson just released a bunch of baritones. In various shades of gray.
        Cool, thank you.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I had one of the X series 7 string soloists and it was freaking awesome! I just couldn't get used to the extra scale length. If that's what you're looking for though, then I'd be all over it. Plus a buddy of mine has one of the Ibanez RGD 7 strings that is extremely nice if you just want bare bones. No trem on that one though.

Comment

Actually, the Ibanez RGD2127z does have a trem. That has a 26.5" scale length too.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Maybe check out one of these.
              Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Hey Tricky, I went there and was impressed by the looks of them but I have no idea on their quality. Anybody here have one?

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  Hey Tricky, I went there and was impressed by the looks of them but I have no idea on their quality. Anybody here have one?

That's Keith Merrow, he used to be all over the agile forum cool guy. He's now playing Bernie Rico Jr guitars and hanging out with Jeff Loomis but he was all over youtube playing agile's

I can't speak on the 7 strings but the les paul knock offs are awesome, the 8 string i bought needed bigger frets
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I've never heard anything bad about Agile, so this maybe a good way to go. I just hate buying a guitar without putting my hands on it first, yeah I'm a wuss.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                      I've never heard anything bad about Agile, so this maybe a good way to go. I just hate buying a guitar without putting my hands on it first, yeah I'm a wuss.
                      I'd look for a used agile, there's quite a few of us that bought them on the first and second go around when they were custom shop orders only and although in mines case it had the emg 808 etc, the frets for me are way under sized. They were supposed to be jumbo and they fall seriously short of jumbo. good sounding guitar though and pretty decent feeling. if you're just wanting something to get into the whole 7 string thing then it's a decent foot in. some of the agiles now are pushing a grand and at that price point honestly I'd skip up to something more commend you can play in a shop first.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                      X