Belated New ESP Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated New ESP Day

So I got this nice CS M-II as a trade-in for a Standard Eclipse I had. While a remarkable instrument, the single-cut configuration with the TOM bridge is not quite my thing, and I had begun to seek ways to reverse the trade I had made to get this - meaning getting back my M-II neck-thru-body. Then this guitar showed up at the local marketplace for used instruments. I've always been partial to no-frills superstrat: two humbuckers, a Floyd Rose, pointy headstock and preferably an ebony fretboard (the reason I traded out my M-II previously), and this particular guitar has it all. A maple neck through mahogany wings, ebony fretboard and a lovely flamed maple top. Could've done without, but it's nice to have something nice-looking for a change Apparently it's made in 2001, before the contemporary serial numbering. Amazing guitar, oozes quality and the tone is just unsurpassable ... except maybe by one guitar I know of. Happily that's my 2008 SL2H They are both perfect craftsmanship and the fit and finish are impeccable. After upgrading both guitars with big brass sustain blocks I can state that they both have different enough vibe to justify having them both and having to eat macaroni and stale bread for the rest of the winter (I did have to throw some money along with the trade-in guitar). Currently I find the Jackson a bit more to my liking due to it's massive sound and the compound radius fretboard, but the ESP is a joy to play and listen to as well.

TL;DR here be pics

Here in its current form, with Duncan Distortion & '59

And the Jackson (Duncan Custom & Jazz)
    Last edited by 1b4n3z; 01-29-2013, 02:54 PM. Reason: Forgot a phrase there

Cool. I really want a Jackson headed M-1, but not for the crazy price that guy on ebay wants.

Comment

NICE, DonP i had an M1 custom in electric blue was one of my first guitars. bought brand new for $440 plus case, about 2 months later i bought an m1 standard, and a phoenix. those were the last ESP's i ever owned or bought. wish i still had the M1 custom and Phoenix, the m1 standard was a dog.

Comment

Grats! Gotta love ESP CS necks. I'm sure you can play either one of those for hours without wanting to put them down.

I think my Charvel CS neck is probably my favorite right now, but I have a couple other guitars I can happily play on without any desire to switch and my CS ESP is one of them.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My ESP's are from the late 80s. It's a different profile from Jackson - more of a U shape.

Is that how you see it?

Comment

This one's different too (from Jackson). The neck is certainly wider and the radius of the fretboard is flatter (apparently something around 14" because the Floyd saddles aren't shimmed). The back of the neck is not quite as round as the Soloist neck profile, but the thickness is quite close. At first it was a bit surprising to play it due to much blockier fretboard edge (compared to, say Gibson LP or the Jackson), but it's still very comfortable. AFAIK this was a custom order, so the neck profile might not represent any standard ESP shape. It's not similar to the thin flat profile my previous M-II NTB had, for sure.

Comment

Congrats! I have a few ESP's as well and always liked them. Still like my Jacksons better but ESP makes nice stuff too.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
              X