ESP Tele arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Tele arrived today!

I was looking for a classic Tele on the cheap side and was not too thrilled with an Squier or MIM Tele's that I played.

Heard great things about these inexpensive ESP telecasters and scored one last week from ebay.

The neck is fantastic and the subtle birds eye maple is a cool bonus. The fret work is simply unreal for what is a low end guitar that is made in Vietnam no less! And no cheap tiny frets here! Jumbo frets!

Neck has a smooth oil rubbed finish not unlike my USA Peavey EVH. Truth be told the neck feels pretty much like the EVH too!

The neck pocket joint was very nice and snug and the Gotoh tuners had a solid feel to them too. No issues with tuning here.

Yes, the electronics are cheap and the bridge pickup is total crap for anything other than super clean tones but that will be a quick fix.

The neck humbucker is actually pretty darn good! Great smooth tone and not to woolly either!

So with a new bridge pup this baby is a keeper!

All for around $300 delivered!

Need a Tele in your collection? Do NOT overlook these and head straight to the Fender selection as you might be surprised!

Nice tele yes they are worth looking into.Good score!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cool! I was wondering how these were. Congrats!

Comment

Nice. I was looking at the floyded road worn strats in that series but never got around to getting one. They seem like nice guitars for the money.

Comment

The road worn tele looked a little to fake to me and these popped up just last week and from a Canadian ebay seller too.

I can not get over how well the neck is set up and dressed. And this baby just rings out like a bell unplugged too.

Ordering a Dimarzio Super Distortion for the bridge as we speak.
          Last edited by vklobucar; 02-05-2013, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Looks cool! Is it a "Made in Vietnam" model? I'm always leery of those - I've nearly purchased two, and 2 of the 3 I have played have had terminal truss rod issues...but the neck still felt good. You just couldn't do anything about truss rod adjustment.

Looks like the body has binding?

I agree - the "road worn" models look good from the far end of the shop, but once you get close, not quite as cool.

Comment

nice!!! a ron wood sig model on a budget - can't beat that!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yes it's s Vietnam model but I'm simply blown away at the neck and fret work too. There was too much relief at the neck so I gave the truss rod a few tweaks and no issues there.

Great low action and a stellar unplugged tone!

Comment

I not into Tele body styles but that rack in the background has some pretty cool pieces in it!
                  Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-05-2013, 10:41 PM.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks!

Not to derail my own thread but....

Its actually a pretty simple rig really. The Line 6 wireless feeds the signal into a Marshall JMP1 and the signal has a few MXR, CAE and Boss pedals running through individual loops within the GCX Switcher. Signal then hits the TC 1210 Chorus and is split to a TC D Two and Rocktron Intellifex for delay and reverb respectively, but in parallel mind you.

The Korg tuner grabs a signal from the "feed thru" of the GCX for constant tuning.

Signal is worked via the DMC System Mix line mixer for the last two effects and then hits the BBE in stereo followed by the Drawmer for a touch of noise gate, if running high gain / high levels. Out to the Marshall PA and into two Marshall 4 x 12 's.

Pedal drawer contains a CAE overdrive / boost used to increase the gain whenever Strats are used. A Boss Acoustic Simulator is used in conjunction with a Boss Compressor for "acoustic" intro's in songs. And finally an MXR Flanger and MXR Phase 90 gives some delicious EVH tones when called for.

All switching via a DMC Ground Control pedal board.

I have pretty much every possible tone that I have ever wanted within the rack and can honestly say that I am beyond satisfied too.

Comment

a friend has a Mexi Tele and his is a solid guitar. Particularly after swapping a Quarter Pound into the bridge.

Your LTD looks great. Love the body binding. Actually, that just about my dream hotrod tele. Just needs a b/w/b pickguard
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Excellent Tele!

Comment

Working...
                        X