NGD BCRich sasquatch.....hahaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD BCRich sasquatch.....hahaha

as some of you may know my first love is the older BCRich hand mades. Ive owned almost every vintage shape except for the ironbird, even a pointless seagull. Well i have always wanted a seagull II, but the 2 I've had the chance to buy were the old style build, all mahogany and the seller wanted silly $ due to their rarity. Then this koa w stringers one popped up on ebay and i was pretty sure it would be mine.....well i was right. It was shipped out today and i will post more pics once it arrives but this is my holy grail, i refer to it as my Sasquatch.

More pics!

Looks great so far.

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! It's great to get one that you've been after for a long time.

Looking forward to more pics, looks awesome.

Comment

Congrats man. I was watching that one too, but beyond my current meager budget. Shouldn't it have a Quad bridge?
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Awesome!

Were you a member of the BCRPF, by any chance?

Comment

Zeegler, the quad bridges didn't show up until 1980, prior to that they used the Quan Badass bridges, and rarely Schallers. According to Neal they made less than 20 Seagull 2's so i bid accordingly....BIG.

& yes im a member of the BCRPF.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
              Zeegler, the quad bridges didn't show up until 1980, prior to that they used the Quan Badass bridges, and rarely Schallers. According to Neal they made less than 20 Seagull 2's so i bid accordingly....BIG. & yes im a member of the BCRPF.
              Hah, shows how little I know. I Always used to get the Seagull 2 and Eagle mixed up, but I guess it's just a longer upper horn on the Eagle. I guess that's a pretty rare bird (pun intended) you've got there. I had no idea they were so rare. I'm surprised it didn't go for more. Good score!!I might just have to make my own version of one of these someday.

Comment

Conrgrats, Jamie! That's awesome.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks

Zeegler, I thought they were some sort of BCR experiment until i got the facts on the seagull - eagle transformation from Neal Moser. originally i thought it was like the shorthorn mockingbird just a variation of the eagle. As far as i know they are the 2nd rarest BCRich, the first transitional shape the pointless seagull is the rarest and only about 10 of them were built.....

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                    Thanks

Zeegler, I thought they were some sort of BCR experiment until i got the facts on the seagull - eagle transformation from Neal Moser. originally i thought it was like the shorthorn mockingbird just a variation of the eagle. As far as i know they are the 2nd rarest BCRich, the first transitional shape the pointless seagull is the rarest and only about 10 of them were built.....
                    Wait, so there's another one? How does the pointless Seagull differ from the original Seagull?

Comment

Ok, I found it.

Nifty!

Comment

Looks sweet.

Those pups aren't stock AFAIK. How does the switching work with BL's?
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Grats!
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

that was MY guitar. sold to a collector in Japan....

BL's were an option on BCRich's, surprisingly Ive seen more than a few from that time frame that had factory BL. the wiring should be a series parallel, for the pickups, and a phase/reverse phase between the 2 pickups

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            Ok, I found it.

Nifty!

Comment

2 boxes in day....too bad they werent the pink boxes....PICS

it needs some TLC but for its age, its all good.

Comment

Working...
                              X