No announcement yet.

Recommend me a 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? The Ibi had overhanging frets? The Premium range highlights how well they do the frets!

They're going for around a grand-ish. Basswood body but at least it's got a nice maple cap!
    www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
      Really? The Ibi had overhanging frets? The Premium range highlights how well they do the frets!

They're going for around a grand-ish. Basswood body but at least it's got a nice maple cap!
      It was really bad fret work. I was extremely surprised. When I mentioned it to the sales guy he said one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard: "Most guitars built around this time will be that way, it's because of the weather." WTF?
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

New guitar, dry and cold as fuck in Canuckistan...he's probably not feeding you a total line. it happens.

Comment

Schecter. I know u said u dont like shape o f them etc. But their seven strings are 26in scale length. So if u drop tune to anything lower than drop A it will hold tension better. Esp are also nice. Ibanez has thinner necks but are basswood. With passive pups basswood can get to dark and lose clarity in certain tunings. Unless it has a maple cap.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            Schecter. I know u said u dont like shape o f them etc. But their seven strings are 26in scale length.
            No, not all of them are. Maybe some newer ones, but not all. I had one quite a few years back, a 007 Elite, and it was definitely 25.5" scale. He's better off getting an ESP/LTD or Carvin.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, every now and then there's a nice Carvin on ebay at a reasonable price.
              www.vvforums.com

Comment

dont forget Jackson is doing an import Broderick
                Guitars:
                Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
                Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
                Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
                Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
                Modded Jet City 100HDM
                custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post
                  dont forget Jackson is doing an import Broderick
                  I really don't like the Broderick shape.
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X