No announcement yet.

NGD! Pink Fender Squier Stratocaster!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Pink Fender Squier Stratocaster!!!

After some 20 years of modding and building guitars, I must say that this was one of the most fun projects I have done in ages.

Scored a super clean pawnshop Squier and it had the decent tuners too.

Gutted the electronics and installed some Hot Rails copies in place of the crap stock pups.

Gave the neck and frets a serious dressing and finally dropped off the body to my buddy the automotive painter.

My eight year old has no clue what she will be surprised with soon but I know that she will just flip out!

cool!! BTW - have you gotten the single coil yet? my wife shipped it and didn't keep the track info....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hi Mark!

Nothing yet but Ill certainly let you know when it arrives.

Mega thanks as well.

Two daughters means many builds.....

Comment

That's awesome... father of the year over here.

sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Awesome! I've also built a couple of projects for my daughters as well (9 and 11 years old). They helped with the design, build and paint (mostly spray and model paint) but they loved it.

Comment

Very cool... she'll love it.
            -Rick

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments folks!!

Comment

I still keep an eye open for a pink Hello Kitty to metalize LOL!

Comment

That is too damn cool, man - that is what it is all about.

Comment

Damm little cool guitar I gotta tell ya!

The fret ends were horrible when I got it last Saturday and needed a good filing followed by a bit of a "round over" to give it that played in feeling.

Those pickups are some Hot Rails copies that sell on ebay for $20 a pop with free S&H from.....you guessed it....Hong Kong.

Not that bad really and hum cancelling as well naturally.

Body is that slightly thinner Affinity version but for an eight year old thats not such a bad idea. It is solid wood and not plywood mind you. Agathis I assume?

Threw in some new CTS stuff that I always manage to order extra from Stew Mac and voila!

Kahler coming next month of course..........

Comment

Hehe, you daughter's got a cooler dad than me!

Comment

Very cool. I gave my 4 year old daughter the Hello Kitty Mini Strat for her birthday last year. She covered it in stickers within the first few hours of taking it out of the box
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                        X