NGD - Fender content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Fender content

I picked this up last Saturday. 2010 -2011 special edition Mexican Fender Strat. The color is absolutely stunning. It's got Seymour Duncan's, not sure which ones as I haven't pulled the pick guard, yet. Only a few pick marks on the pick guard, everything else is minty fresh.

I can't seem to find anything on this model. Does anyone know anything about this one?

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Wow, that color looks great! No idea what it is. I didn't know they made H/H Mexi Strats.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought one of these when they were new at GC. They are a GC FSR (Fender Special Run). The stock pickups sound great so I left them as is. There is a youtube vid of someone showing the versatility of the 5 way switching.

The only mod I've done to mine is installing those Kluson tuners that get shorter toward the high E and got rid if the string Tee. These are standard on an artist model I can't think of the name of right now (Eric Johnson?). Still filling in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Wow, that color looks great! No idea what it is. I didn't know they made H/H Mexi Strats.
        Yep, the color is killer. This is actually my 2nd FSR with a H/H layout.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I bought one of these when they were new at GC. They are a GC FSR (Fender Special Run). The stock pickups sound great so I left them as is. There is a youtube vid of someone showing the versatility of the 5 way switching.

The only mod I've done to mine is installing those Kluson tuners that get shorter toward the high E and got rid if the string Tee. These are standard on an artist model I can't think of the name of right now (Eric Johnson?). Still filling in the hole.
          If this one came with Fender pickups and the 5-Wat switch like my first FSR, then the prior owner switched them out for Duncan's and a 3-way switch.

Comment

Wow, that's awesome. Nice axe!
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Beauty!

Comment

The model would probably be on the butt of the neck like the old Charvel model series. Looks like a deluxe fat Strat but those came with the CBS headstock on them and a rosewood fretboard. Nice looking guitar
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Very nice!
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                    If this one came with Fender pickups and the 5-Wat switch like my first FSR, then the prior owner switched them out for Duncan's and a 3-way switch.
                    The original switch was a Super 5 way of some sort. Likely like your prior guitar. I like the stock pickups. I get very "Maideny" tones with them.

Comment

i like it...very pretty...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Congrats, Alvin! Nice looking guitar.

Comment

Nice color and layout good score!!
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I believe the color is called Tri-Burst or something like that. I`ve seen it before, I like it alot.

Comment

Yeah looks like a metallic finish around the sides. Looks awesome
                              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                              X