No announcement yet.

Emergency prs question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jackson's are not as popular. while we enjoy them, to most of the guitar playing world they are pointy metal guitars. there are fakes out there, but not as many because:

1) we know our guitars
    2) the community of players is small
    3) jackson offers guitars at various price points
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've never seen a good fake Jackson. Whenever I see them, the headstocks usually look like hockey sticks, the logo is completely wrong, the inlays are just right angle triangles, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
        I don't know my PRS specs very well and I've never owned a PRS. Just looking at those pics of the back of the headstocks, I can see the difference in the tuner layout and the serial # font. Curious, what else did you see when you checked it out in person that you were able to ID it as a fake? Was it that obvious based on the quality of the build? Curious, for my own knowledge, what to look for to help ID real from fake. Thanks.
        A few things...
        #1. USA MADE PRS guitars have hand written serial numbers on the back of the headstock. If its stamped or block letter... its fake
        #2. USA MADE PRS guitars don't have Grover tuners on them.

These were the only 2 items that I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          A few things...
          #1. USA MADE PRS guitars have hand written serial numbers on the back of the headstock. If its stamped or block letter... its fake
          #2. USA MADE PRS guitars don't have Grover tuners on them.

These were the only 2 items that I needed.
          Out of curiosity, so what does that mean about the guitar you had a pic of earlier? I thought PRS confirmed that guitar, but it has the two things you mentioned as fake indicators.

Comment

ward, the dude was probably lying about PRS confirming it....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

GOOD Catch, it also looks like the headstock maybe a bit wider? thats based on the space between the 2 rows of tuners.

Comment

Please tell me this wasn't it!!! if it was you dodged a huge bullet my friend. http://newhaven.craigslist.org/msg/3761162526.html
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Just saw this post JG and yep that one is a fake I have had 3 and all were hand done in sharpie.
                  Never seen one with Grover either.
                  Glad you called him out on it.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

that body has a funny shape too.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      ward, the dude was probably lying about PRS confirming it....
                      Ah, got it. I thought that was the case, but wanted to make sure, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X