Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about "monroe" guitars from the 80s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about "monroe" guitars from the 80s?

Snagged one for a friend of mine but we are havin a few issues with setting it up. It may need some serious fret work. Seems like a Scorpio series but someone refinned the poor bastard in swirl finish.

Any info on them?
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Pics? Never heard of them.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I remember seeing adverts for them in the guitar mags of the early '90s. I don't think any made it to this side of the pond. They always struck me as being a little awkwardly-styled. Then again, they may have played brilliantly, but I don't recall reading any reviews either.

Comment

Nope.

Pics?

Comment

I did find a clip on YT about a relic Monroe strat but it didn't impress me at all.
          Probably not the same company.

Comment

Not the same company ill try to get some pics i took it straight to him so I didnt do anything with it.
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Chris never gets pics right away. Always posts without pics.... bleah
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

small company out of texas...very pricey back then which may explain why they weren't around long...i believe the scorpio had a floyd whereas the other models had a kahler floyd...their coolest model was a sculpted strat style called a mamba...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

They were known for graphics and having the lettering of the logo around the tuners right? I remember seeing a pointy-ish headed LP from them years ago...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    They were known for graphics and having the lettering of the logo around the tuners right? I remember seeing a pointy-ish headed LP from them years ago...
                    You might be thinking about Roscoe guitars, their logo was round the pegs and I know they did a LP.

Monroe guitars were made in El Paso by Robert Monroe Turner, from 1988-1999.

I know I have some pics and guff about them. Somewhere.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yep Roscoe had the name around the tuners,Great guitars I've had a few.

Comment

Working...
                      X