EVH Stripe Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Stripe Series

Hi guys, yesterday i was wandering at thomann website and i found these on their product list. I was kinda mindblowned, EVH brand strats, OMG they must be amazing. The price is great as well. I wonder if any of you guys ever played one or even heard about any of this? I am kinda GASing right now...

Electric Guitar Body: Basswood, Neck: Maple, Maple fretboard, 22 Jumbo frets, Nut width: 43 mm, Scale: 648 mm, Floyd Rose Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna, 1 Wolfgang humbucker pickup, 1 Volume control, Chrome hardware, Colour: Black with yellow stripes

Hmm, I don't like how that p'up is mounted, and sincerely doubt it'll be comparable to a USA EVH Humbucker
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

They haven't hit stores here yet.

They are supposed to be at the level of the higher end MIM Fenders (Classic Player, Pawnshop).

Should be good for the price. But we shall see.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

They should hit the stores by spring from what i have read, and spring is ending, one month more i think.

*Edit* : It seems there are actually some owners of these guitars, no reviews or first impressions though. The search continues...
        Last edited by anarkhos; 05-16-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          Hmm, I don't like how that p'up is mounted, and sincerely doubt it'll be comparable to a USA EVH Humbucker
          Com'on, it's just a pickup and they're meant to be changed. I might get one of these and if I do I will very likely be changing the pickup. I'll probably put a mounting ring on it to so it's more like the original.

Comment

I'm interested to know more about these. I would be changing out the pickup as well most likely so I could care less what it sounds like...
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Personally i am more worried with the build quality and the floyd. As well if i'll be able to pull the trem up, since it is non recessed,(some say yes others no, i'm confused on that ) and the shielding.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                They are supposed to be at the level of the higher end MIM Fenders (Classic Player, Pawnshop).
                That's pretty good IMHO.

Comment

Here's a youtube video of a guy jamming on them and he provides a short comment on build quality and play-ability. I've got one on order (bumblebee) with Squid Music (Chubtone). He's had two come in and said that FMIC is trying to be fair with the dealers by spreading out the shipments since there's such high demand.

On Facebook at :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Flores-Music/108777919152533?pnref=lhcI'm playing the brand new Eddie Van Halen " Striped " series.All th...
                  Last edited by G333; 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anarkhos View Post
                    Personally i am more worried with the build quality and the floyd. As well if i'll be able to pull the trem up, since it is non recessed,(some say yes others no, i'm confused on that ) and the shielding.
                    The trem is going to be flush with the body. They have to be to make the included D-Tuna work. So no trem up out of the box.

You want recessed, go with the new MIM Charvels.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I have no problems with being only possible to dive on it. With the wallet recession i have, just like my whole country , i worry a bit about limitations. But i definitively want non recessed floyds.
                      Last edited by anarkhos; 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                        Com'on, it's just a pickup and they're meant to be changed.
                        Exactly my point
                        I might get one of these and if I do I will very likely be changing the pickup. I'll probably put a mounting ring on it to so it's more like the original.
                        Yup, but either filling/drilling new mounting holes or slapping on a ring, it's not a plug 'n play swap
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

OOOH I'd love to get one of these and if the neck quality are meh I could totally do a Musikraft neck. I've always lusted after these finishes.
                          Anyone care to speculate if it will have a Charvel or Fender neck heel?

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                            OOOH I'd love to get one of these and if the neck quality are meh I could totally do a Musikraft neck. I've always lusted after these finishes.
                            Anyone care to speculate if it will have a Charvel or Fender neck heel?
                            "I played one at NAMM about an hour after I played a Charvel San Dimas there and the necks felt the same to me. I also recently got a San Dimas and its neck is the same as I remember the ones at NAMM."

Comment

Most of EVH's recent guitar lines have a unique offset neck profile. Although I haven't seen neck dimensions released yet, I'm guessing these import EVH stripe-series have the same. Thinner on the high E side, thicker on the low E. While somewhat Charvel-ish (think of a well-worn in 80s strathead neck) in profile, it's not the exact same as a Charvel neck's dimensions. Still feels pretty comfortable and cool to my hands, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X