No announcement yet.

EVH Stripe Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mean the neck shape when I wrote that earlier. I meant the neck heel. Any clues?

Comment

You can see it here at about 45 seconds in. Looks like a standard square-ish four-bolt heel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuxpdd0Q0zo

Comment

I don't like the fretdot spacing.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I have seen pics of several of these posted on various forums. Some have the top mount floyd nuts and some have the through the neck style. Which is spec and why the inconsistency?

Comment

And if you look at these on ebay, some have the EVH logo on the headstock while others have a blank headstock with no logo. The ones at NAMM had logos. They're definitely stock photos.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Anyone know for sure if the necks on these are quartersawn? Some dealers say that they are (MF, for instance), but the "official" EVH gear site doesn't specify this one way or the other under the specs listed.

Comment

The official EVH site says quartersawn with reinforcement.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks, bro. Silly me, I was looking at the "specs" tab thinking it would be there. Guess I didn't bother to look at the "overview" tab. LOL

OK, follow up question...

Does anyone know what kind of magnets are in the EVH Wolfgang pickups used in the stripe series? I can't seem to find this info either.

Comment

There's a very positive review at the Seymour Duncan forum:

It seems they are equal or even better than the Charvel Promods. I hope the new Mexican ones are as good as these EVH guitars, being made in the same factory.

Comment

I've just ordered mine from a German online shop that was stocking them. I'll review it as soon as I receive it...

Comment

Originally posted by agresivo View Post
                        I've just ordered mine from a German online shop that was stocking them. I'll review it as soon as I receive it...
                        I hope you get yours quicker than me. I ordered in late February from a large dealer here in the U.S. They received a guitar that was going to be mine at the beginning of June. However, there was a good-size gash in the finish that occurred in shipping from Fender/EVH (which makes me wish that they included even a cheap case with these guitars). My replacement guitar is supposedly due in "a week or so" but each time I ask the sales guy about it, it's still just a week or two away.

It's kind of funny that I've done three custom builds with Grosh Guitars and each of those guitars has taken less time from order to delivery than this production-line EVH.

Anyways, good luck with yours and please post a review.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                          I hope you get yours quicker than me. I ordered in late February from a large dealer here in the U.S. They received a guitar that was going to be mine at the beginning of June. However, there was a good-size gash in the finish that occurred in shipping from Fender/EVH (which makes me wish that they included even a cheap case with these guitars). My replacement guitar is supposedly due in "a week or so" but each time I ask the sales guy about it, it's still just a week or two away.

It's kind of funny that I've done three custom builds with Grosh Guitars and each of those guitars has taken less time from order to delivery than this production-line EVH.

Anyways, good luck with yours and please post a review.

If you've ever had to work on getting a production line up and running for new product you may not find it that strange.

While you are removing a lot of the handwork in the line, the total amount of "moving parts" can be crazy to get set just so.
                          Once it's running, It's a beautiful thing, but the set up is a nightmare.

So yeah, I can see where the hold ups can be.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Actually, I used to be an engineer, so I have some feel for the production line issue.

I think what's holding up my guitar is how large the pre-orders have been for this one. The sales engineer I've been dealing with at Sweetwater told me about a month ago that he's never seen another guitar in this price range with such a large volume of pre-orders. I'd not be surprised if that's true of other dealers, too. So Sweetwater is probably competing with a lot of other dealers for the trickle of guitars coming out from EVH/Fender.
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

My black and yellow is on its way - got a tracking number (Ordered from Squid Music on March 6th)

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                                Actually, I used to be an engineer, so I have some feel for the production line issue.

I think what's holding up my guitar is how large the pre-orders have been for this one. The sales engineer I've been dealing with at Sweetwater told me about a month ago that he's never seen another guitar in this price range with such a large volume of pre-orders. I'd not be surprised if that's true of other dealers, too. So Sweetwater is probably competing with a lot of other dealers for the trickle of guitars coming out from EVH/Fender.
                                That's cool.

It's even cooler that EVH still commands that type of sales volume.

Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X