No announcement yet.

Philosophical Gibson LP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so spoiled by my lightweight guitars. Especially the ESP EC1000 Deluxe. It sounds like its 15lbs and probably weighs 7

Comment

I have a couple of feather light ash strats that feel like feathers after taking off a 10 pounder

For me (I'm an athletic 49 yr old) heavy guitars never bothered me as I always practiced standing up ans guess I just built up for it. My heaviest guitars all seem to be the better sounding ones so I just accept it. Plus I'm a big fan of mahogany bodies with maple caps and they are usually heavy. My flametop GMW is as heavy as a Lester but plays, feels and sounds great.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just can't enjoy playing a guitar that has limited upper fret access and weighs this much.

Funny.. everytime I get the urge for a LP I regret it after I get one.

Thats what I like about the import EC-1000 Deluxe. Its 24 super jumbo frets, great pickups, it looks like a LP and its light.

Comment

^I'm right there with ya. I guess some guys put up with those limitations for the sound. But to me, other guitars get close enough that I'd rather use them.

I do have one Les Paul with P90s that I play at church (where upper fret access isn't as important) and it's around 7 pounds (chambered). But for most settings, I'd rather be playing something else.

Comment

Working...
          X