NGD - LTD Kamikaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - LTD Kamikaze

This is the new GL-200K model, and I just bought this sight unseen as a used piece from GC and am very glad I did. These are brand new to the market, so how they had a single used one, I don't know.
    Very nice neck, fretwork is solid, and the body graphic finish is pristine. For example the 5 bombs are a silver sparkle pinflake and the Kanji characters are bone white - most cheap finishes would just have white for both. Nice little touches for what amounts to a press-on finish covered with gloss. No defect anywhere, not a mark on it.

This used one already had a SD swapped in and came with a case. Talk about the fastest sale ever in GC history once I learned it was a real SD and not the stock ESP pickup these come with.

This guitar wasn't used much at all, looks near brand new to me. Basswood body, rosewood fb, black chrome hardware, Floyd Rose special.
    Even new at the retail of $499 this is a nice guitar. For 299 this one was a steal. I've always been a George Lynch fan so this one is fun to play.

It plays very much like my old Model series, which is to say, excellent! Very fast neck, nice hot pickup (not sure which SD it is), and it is very resonant. This is my first chinese built guitar and I was not expecting much, kinda wary but still pulled the trigger knowing I could return for full refund in 30 days if it was no good, but I must say, they did a heck of a job. It's like they brought the old Charvel Model guys over to run their factory, the neck is that nice. I've never played an LTD before but I'm now a convert, at least for these Lynch guitars they are making now (bengal, this one, the worn strat).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

For $299, I would've grabbed that thing, too! Congrats.

Comment

I had one of the older ones and I think it had an ebony board on it.Think it was a GL 500.IIRC.
      Nice score on a great looking guitar.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Which GC?
        8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I remember mine had a wide ass neck and the nut was like an R3 so you could see the nut shelf on both sides.
          I think thats the way GL's guitars were. The wide neck was the reason I sold it but that was a long time ago.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice catch! I'm a sucker for cheap guitars too that are nice and looks good!!! Congratz. As I'm a fan of Lynch, this one would have been a no brainer for me. Enjoy!!! And play the damn thing!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Very nice. I'm still gutted that I missed out on the cheaper tiger stripes when they were around

Comment

I've had 3 of the tiger lynchs' but keep selling them because the necks are too think for me how's this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  I've had 3 of the tiger lynchs' but keep selling them because the necks are too think for me how's this one?
                  Only played the LTD version of the Tiger but yes, the neck were kinda fat when you are used to play a JP6 and RG550...

I'm curious about the Kamikaze!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                    Which GC?
                    I used their national store inventory system, rather than one location. I called GC Hollywood looking for one of these by model number, the guy found one new one in the distr ctr and one used one in Youngstown OH. I called the OH store to check the condition of the guitar. I then ordered it through the Lawndale location to have it shipped there and I picked it up there. That one is closest to my house.

It's my first ever GC guitar purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      I remember mine had a wide ass neck and the nut was like an R3 so you could see the nut shelf on both sides.
                      I think thats the way GL's guitars were. The wide neck was the reason I sold it but that was a long time ago.
                      Right - but not these. You can see in the pic that the FR nut covers the fretboard completely on mine.

The nut is 1.69 inches wide on these - 42.93 mm - which is just a hair wider than the normal 1 11/16 width most of us are used to. I can feel it for sure, but it's not too much. George's real necks were 45 mm, which is just over 1 3/4 inches, that's freaking wide.

As for thickness, it's slightly thicker than a Charvel profile, but not much - as with the width, it's noticable but not so much so that it feels bad - and I like thin necks, don't like the ballbat necks. This is not a ballbat.

I do notice a slight bit of thumb irritation playing it, and that is clearly from the shade-bigger neck, but again it's minor, not like on some ballbat necks I've played.

Comment

Great score. I'm a Lynch fan myself and I would have grabbed this one too, at that price.
                        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Hey Skorb, Lawndale is the closest to me, too. There's a Sam Ash down the road from there and they have a NICE Jackson, used. Forgot the model. $400. I need an amp, though. I will own a Lynch one day, oh yes. He was the inspiration for me.
                          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I wanted to buy an ESP at Nashville GC but $1699 was too steep for me. It sold in a couple of weeks.

Comment

yeah it's funny how crazy expensive the ESPs are but their LTDs are very reasonably priced.

I've played the guitar at rehearsal now and it's a keeper. very fast neck, pickup rocks, so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X