• Show
Clear All

• LTD Heavy metal #1

"Headbangers in leather
    Sparks fly in the dead of night
    It all comes together
    When they turn out the lights..."

I just saw this on the ESP site:

Like the guitar. Not a fan of the graphic. Cheese....In my humble opinion of course....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

The graphic appears to have nothing to do with the original movie, other than the logo. It would be way cooler if it was Taarna on her flying buddy.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Not feeling that graphic.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[QUOTE=dvscool;1571673]Like the guitar. Not a fan of the graphic. Cheese....In my humble opinion of course....[/QUOTE

Cheesing is not cool - leave the cats alone, hmmmmkay?
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

[QUOTE=Rsmacker;1571694]
            Originally posted by dvscool View Post
            Like the guitar. Not a fan of the graphic. Cheese....In my humble opinion of course....[/QUOTE

Cheesing is not cool - leave the cats alone, hmmmmkay?
            um...I....what? I'm clearly missing something and I bet its good.
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Heavy Metal (the Mag) has such a storied history that I'm sure the art has come from somewhere in house.

Stylistically, it looks closer to the sequel movie.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Artwork by comics artist Simon Bisley. He's definitely Frazetta-inspired.

Here's some of his stuff....http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...a=simon+bisley ... Some is of the sequel's main character.

I know he's done covers for Heavy Metal magazine, maybe more.
                Last edited by Grawnday; 06-21-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Simon is a fantastic artist. One of my favorites. I am sure this is a printed edition of one of his originals. He was deeply involved of the revised modern Heavy Metal movie. I personally like the graphic. I would have made the lettering a bit bigger.

Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                  http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

[QUOTE=dvscool;1571696]
                    Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post

um...I....what? I'm clearly missing something and I bet its good.
                    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/muTQthqfn40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Yeah Heavy Metal was a very long running artwork mag. Some amazing artwork in there. The guitar isn't my style but the graphic is pretty cool. Like a post apocalyptic female wolverine I guess
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

From Southpark - Ep. Major Boobs...I see that you are enticed by my daughter's awesome rockin' tits........

Masterful blending of the two

Appease the gods by lathering her boobs with soapy suds.
                        OKAY!!!
                        Last edited by bombtek; 07-04-2013, 07:30 AM.
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                        X