NGD - Carvin CT6!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Carvin CT6!

Got this guitar a couple weeks ago, but was waiting until I get all my parts to post it, but I jumped the gun a little and posted it early. Well, she's all finished now!

This is my new Carvin CT6 California Carved Top

Body: 2-Piece Honduran Mahogany
    Top: 2-Piece 20mm Bookmatched AAAA Flame Maple
    Neck: 1-Piece Honduran Mahogany
    Fretboard: Ebony, 14" Radius
    Headstock: Flame Maple Veneer With 24K Gold Carvin Logo
    Inlays: Abalone Blocks
    Frets: 22 Med-Jumbo Frets (.048" H .103" W)
    Tuners: Gold Sperzel 12:1 Locking 3x3
    Bridge: Gold Gotoh Japan Recessed TOM With String Through Body
    Switch: Gold Switchcraft 3-Way Toggle With Gold Plated Brass Barrel Tip
    Volume: Carvin 500K With Treble Bleed
    Tone: Artec EXP Active Tone Expander
    Jack: Gold Switchcraft Stereo
    Bridge Pickup: Bare Knuckle Holydiver With Gold Cover
    Neck Pickup: Gibson 490R With Gold Cover
    Case: Carvin HC12N Vintage Tweed With Brown Plush Interior
    Finish: FDH6 Deep Honeyburst
    Truss Rod Cover: WEC Ebony Pāua Shell & Coral "Eye of Horus" Inlay
    Strings: Elixir 1046E Light Gauge (.010 - .046)
    Dimensions: 37.8" L, 12.7" W, 2.03" D, 1.5" D At Edge
    Neck Width: 1.69" @ Nut, 2.23" @ 22nd Fret
    Weight: 8.25 Lbs

Last edited by DalyTek; 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM. Reason: Added pic of custom truss rod cover
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

now that is a pretty axe. Congrats
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice. It kind of looks like one of those private stock PRS models, other than the inlays.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That's kinda what drew me to it. I was wanting to build a PRS-ish guitar when I got offered this in trade. It was near perfect for me. Just needed a few "me" tweaks to complete it.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

I think these are so cool looking. Bet it plays great too - most Carvins do. I'd love to try one out some day.

Comment

Looks good I give it a thumbs up.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Awesome! Carvins rock.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude, you always end up with some great guitars. Kudos to you.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  Dude, you always end up with some great guitars. Kudos to you.
                  Thanks, man. I don't really end up with them though. I keep trading to find what I'm really looking for. This one is damn close.
                  If this guitar had a slightly thicker neck and wasn't string through body it would be perfect. Gonna find it hard to let this one go though, I feel like she's a winner!

I've made some really bad trades in the past looking for the right guitar for me, made some good trades too. Always wanted one of these (or a PRS in this style) and could not pass up the opportunity to grab this when it presented itself.
                  Last edited by DalyTek; 06-22-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

That's gorgeous. I've been tempted to order a CT6 before. Carvin makes great stuff.

Comment

nice look guitar!

Comment

I got my custom truss rod cover and it looks even better than the pics the guy sent me!
                        Am I allowed to plug the seller here? He did fantastic work, and I'd love to share with my JCF bros if it's alright?

Comment

Working...
                        X