The best Fender Stratocaster model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best Fender Stratocaster model

I have owned most of them. Masterbuilts, vintage, signature models etc...... With that said, I think the finest, best all around Stratocaster money can buy for virtually any genre of music is the Eric Clapton model. I have a 2002 in Olympic white with the vintage Noiseless pickups and its just outstanding. The TBX and the boost options are probably the most useable features Fender has ever built into a Stratocaster. Every Clapton model I have ever played is outstanding. You don't have to pick out a good one. They are all good. You don't have to worry about playing metal with single coil pickups. I have been doing it. How many guys do you know that play Bark at the Moon, Lay it Down or Breaking the Chains with a Clapton Strat? Not to many I would guess. Anyway..... they are amazing guitars in every way.

I had the experience of rebuilding a TBX board installed into a Model series body for someone not too long ago.
    It's a nice feature to have available.

Comment

I like the Deluxe models best. The LSR with locking tuners hold stability well and the DH-1? is a really decent sounding pickup.

Of course, I like my None More Black version. The ebony fretboard makes it sound amazing. I'm not too keen on the rosewood or maple fretboard versions. I'm pretty particular on how I like my guitars to sound though.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Was always partial to the 90s Ultra model myself: LSR nut, locking machines, TBX tone control, ebony board, flame maple top & 4 Lace Sensor pups. Nice axe with lots of tonal range but the LS pups are definitely an acquired taste.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Mine.
          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Sooo it's better than a Fender Artist Series Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster?

Comment

I have no complaints about my Deluxe V-neck. The locking tuners are great, the trem is really good, the N3 pickups sounds fantastic. Had it for over a year now and it's still one of the first guitars I grab. In fact, because I can't be assed taking multiple guitars to rehearsal, I take the Strat. Tonally, it can hang with anything in our set & ably covers things that I will use a Jackson for at a gig
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I love my Select Strat, but it's features aren't for everyone. I like the pickups but they are in no way noiseless and have decidedly 'vintage' output. It's kills for clean stuff, but any time you pile on the gain it's "turn it toward Mecca for the buzzing to stop".

It's kind of a vintage Strat with modern looks and some modern ergo/playability features like compound radius neck, cut away heel, locking tuners and no-load tone circuit for the bridge and middle pickups. Add the nice wood in to the equation and I couldn't resist when I saw it in the store. I have my RR1T for metal, the Strat covers most everything else.

Last edited by Hellbat; 07-03-2013, 09:51 PM.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It's hard to say which one but here are some of my favorites: I still own my Stratotocaster Elite which I bought in the early 80's. it's perhaps my favorite Strat. Some do t like the push buttons for pickup selection but it lets you get any combination you want. I did make 2 changes to it back then, replaced the stock pickups with Duncan Hot Live Wires (18v actives) and put a Kahler Pro trem on it. It'll do metal all day long and then some! The other two are stock but also very nice, an Eric Johnson Strat in Olympic White and an earlier Jeff Beck Strat in Purple
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice, I've had a few Claptons and my faves are my 2 Beck custom shops. My Robin Trower gets the most play time. Only Strat with a vintage bridge that stays in tune forever for me at least.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Cool, hellbat. I was seriously considering buying one of those selects. They are really nice. I ended up buying another RR1T instead

Comment

I'm partial to the large headstock versions with Hum in the bridge and OFR.

Too may good strats out there to say "one" is the best.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X