NGD!! first 7-string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!! first 7-string

went to GC today to poke around. as I was looking at the used guitars something pretty cool jumped out at me. I have been thinking about getting a 7 string for awhile, but most of them look too "metal" for me. I flipped the price tag over and just about fell over....especially since the guitar was in MINT condition - it looked like it had never been played.

it was an Ibanez artist 7 for $99!!!!! it is not available for pickup until 8/03, but I paid for it and I am waiting.

here's a pic of one that is on e-bay:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I don't know much about those, but that seems like a crazy good deal. Looks like MAP is around $500.

Comment

it played exceptionally well and sounded very clear and meaty. the only thing i'll do when I pick it up is "satin-ize" the back of the neck.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Wow great find! And you pick it up the day after my birthday lol!

Comment

Nice score. I believe a friend of mine grabbed one of those and then had some custom inlay work done on it to personalize it.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Cool! What scale length?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

toe - it is a 25.24" scale. it was really comfortable.
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

FKNA!! Nice score! Welcome to the fold!

Comment

Got one of those in my store too. Cool guitar, love the heel.
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

That looks like a great guitar, especially at $99! Good score!
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      toe - it is a 25.24" scale. it was really comfortable.
                      Nice. I've seen some older double-cut Ibanez model 7s before with the shorter 24.75" scales, and the low B seems to get a little floppy. For a 7, I think anything over 25" works decent.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X