To Strat or not to Strat ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
    Thanks for all. Started to search the local ads. Some folks out there are on crack and asking almost same price as new for some old beaten crap. Saw one that was an awesome deal but can't reach the seller either by email or phone

We'll keep ya posted.
    Used prices for minty USA Strats isn't far off what their new prices are. Especially considering what Charvel and Jackson sell for new/used. There's far less depreciation on Fender Strats, so a really nice one may only be a couple hundred less than a brand new one. Special FSRs and some limited run stuff maintain their new prices and a few have even increased. And I'm talking about relatively new stuff from the past decade, not vintage stuff. Anyway, good luck!
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I've been following the local ads for months for good deals and these days, I think most sellers in my area are on crack. You better go get a new one.

I've been wanting a vintage white Strat since I first saw one on YJM's Rising Force record cover in 1984.

A signature model is over my budget and I've never bounded with scalloped necks anyway.

The one I bought is a limited run of MIJ Fender Strat. Big CBS headstock and vintage white are not available on newer models these days.

I haven't found much infos about that special limited run. Did some googling, but nope... Nothing.

Anyway, this morning I had to call an online dealer (to check my son's new bass order!!!) and talked with the guy there about that limited series of Strat. They had 2 left in stock and then would have been gone, so like I said, I took the plunge!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Reading this thread just made me evaporate 45 minutes of time playing my Strat. It's not my favorite all around guitar but I love it, especially for clean stuff and blues.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Heh, I recently got my Strat Deluxe setup with 9s a I've been playing the heck out of it. As a matter of fact I'm working towards build another 3 single coil guitar with a Pro Mod neck and OFR

I go through my phases of playing different guitars from week to week but I'm glad I have a Strat and a Tele too. Heck I'd get rid of my Les Paul's before I of either of those. It's much easier to make a Strat sound heavy than to make humbuckers sound Stratty.

As for their necks I don't like the vintage radius ones (7 1/2") or even the straight 9 1/2" but the necks with a compound radius (9 1/2"-14") work for me. I also have to have at least medium jumbos but that's not my preference.
          Last edited by Matt_B; 08-23-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            As for their necks I don't like the vintage radius ones (7 1/2")
            That's my biggest fear with my purchase as I could not try it before buying it.

I have various types of necks in my collection, so this new guitar will bring a new flavor...
            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Those MIJ 70's reissue strats look amazing!
              Seriously tempted

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Reading this thread just made me evaporate 45 minutes of time playing my Strat. It's not my favorite all around guitar but I love it, especially for clean stuff and blues.
                Exactly what I do with mine too bro!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yay for sure!

I recommend a Stratocaster to anyone, just because the quality of an American Pro is really up there and they are so versatile. I plan on getting a Jackson for the Metal inside me though. Here is a pick of my American Pro.

Comment

Holy crap! @DAMPDX You just revived a very old thread.
                    "
                    Since my original post, I acquired that "MIJ FSR Stat 72 in vintage white" and also, just a bit more than a week ago, I also bought a Sterling by Music Man Cutlass in Seafoam Green. More to come on this recent acquisition...

I would recommend Strat lovers to try out the real Ernie Ball Music Man Cutlass as a Strat equivalent. After buying my cheaper Sterling version, I played the real deal Cutlass and was able to compare it to those new 2017 Elite Strat, and really prefered the Cutlass. The neck was so smooth and the back V shape was comfortable.

GC located at Times Square in NYC was blowing the Cutlass with 20% rebate.
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

Nice BenoA! I got a nice deal on my 2017 above. I bought it when the GC store was having a 15% off everything sale.

Comment

The only Strat I need... 2014 G&L Legacy with 12" radius. I'll be replacing the bridge pup with a Duncan Little Screamin' Demon humbucker soon. Leo Fender finally got a trem that stays in tune!
                        G&L Legacy.jpg
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice strats guys! Very nice strats!
                          JB aka BenoA

Comment

I used to own one of those "other" strats.

Comment

^^^Nice one Axewielder
                              JB aka BenoA

Comment

I love to play the Strat at home and it has good mojo for select songs live. Mine is my fav color but I have to refin mine to get it this way. I bought a brand new 2010 Road Worn series and stripped off the black, refinned with nitro Surf Green. Fun summer project I posted on Instructables too. I would throw in a Hot Rails in bridge but I'm giving it to my daughter as a wall decoration when she moves out. She also gets my 1988 JEM 77FP. These are her 2 fav guitars of mine.. soon to be wall art.

Comment

Working...
                                X