Any experts on ESP LTD Serial #'s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experts on ESP LTD Serial #'s?

I tried registering for the ESP Guitars forum in order to ask the members there this question related to an ESP LTD Alexi-600 that I bought almost a month ago, but they still have not activated my account so I figured I would try here.

I love the guitar to death and it's a lot higher quality of an instrument than I was expecting to acquire, but the Serial # on it is tripping me up a little bit.

Specifically, the Serial # on this guitar is W0800000. I have tried researching ESP LTD Serial #'s and have found that the first two digits generally indicate the year that the guitar was made. That makes sense on this Alexi-600 because the guy I bought it from said he had owned it for roughly 4 years or so since buying it off of musiciansfriend.com. However, I discovered that the other numbers after the first two generally relate to the month, week, etc. that the guitar was produced in that year. In this case, why would this guitar contain a bunch of zeros in the Serial # for being a simple production made instrument?

Any help/info is appreciated! Thanks

That is weird....have you tried contacting ESP Customer Support??

One of the world's leading manufacturers of high quality guitars and basses.

Comment

You must have missed the sticky on their forum. "Currently, no activation emails are being sent out automatically. If you sign up, you will need to contact me via private message to activate your account manually."

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?p=1648842#post1648842
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The serial number is a World Guitar, made in Korea. Their serial numbers do not follow standard ESP/Navigator serial number standards as far as I know. The W is for World Guitars, the 08 is for 2008 I'm fairly certain. My BC Rich Korean Stealth follows the same number format as the LTD except it has a different prefix. That's as far as the number standard goes, and all the following would just be a generic serial number given out by whatever stamping machine stamps them. 000000 would probably just be the first production or whenever the rollover happened.

Standard ESP and Navigator serial number format is a one letter prefix indicating which shop built it (now they've closed a few shops). The next two digits would be year of manufacture, then the next two would be the week of the year (01-52), then the next would be the day of that week and the last two would be the number when it was completed that day. Of course this serial number format is not designed for high volume runs.

For example, this rare strathead has a N prefix, most likely for Navigator which does the vintage stuff, 08 for 2008, 36 for August 31st-Sept 6th, the 1 for August 31st, and the 01 for the 1st guitar completed on that day.

Last edited by xenophobe; 08-02-2013, 02:22 PM.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Toe Jam. You're right, I totally missed that sticky on their forum!

@ Xenophobe - Thanks a bunch for the serial info. I'll probably receive similar info from the ESP guys on their forum..your reply is extremely appreciated!

Once my account is active there, I'll find out what I can from them and post it here.

Comment

ESP forum is pretty wild. I post there from time to time. That's where I learned all the stuff I know about ESP. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'm sure someone there can tell you a lot more.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X