Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kramer SM-1?

Hey Guys,

Anyone here play a Kramer SM-1? Here's the link: http://www.kramerguitars.com/Product...ur-Duncan.aspx
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Haven't played one but I also am interested. Pretty nice features for $1K new.. Plus I've always wanted a Kramer since the 80's..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I have an original Stagemaster from the 80's and it's still a great guitar even to this day.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

played one. the neck profile on the sm-1s is a bit chunkier than the 80s ones. check out this thorough review by a kramer forum member: http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/sho...-Duncan-review

Comment

sorry to rain on the parade, but the inlays look horrible!

Comment

Be patient and buy and original. To me its a night and day difference
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
              played one. the neck profile on the sm-1s is a bit chunkier than the 80s ones. check out this thorough review by a kramer forum member: http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/sho...-Duncan-review
              do you mind to explain how chunkier? neck width or thickness?

Comment

no i don't mind. but i'm not an expert on the technicalities of guitar terminology, etc. i'm also going off my memory from playing it.
                what i mean is the neck profile (e.g., back contour) is different than that of the original 80s stagemaster, which is thinner. the sm-1 is supposed to be "SlimTaper" profile, but it doesn't feel like it compared to the original stagy or my bolt-on kramer neck profiles. also, if you're used to a jackson or charvel neck profile, then this will feel chunkier, filling your palm.

Comment

Originally posted by data187 View Post
                  sorry to rain on the parade, but the inlays look horrible!
                  They're the same as they were back in the day, so I guess they're at least consistently horrible.

Comment

I had one of the originals and the new ones look thicker in the body which is kind of a let down.The inlays on my 89 were very nice pearl that really had a lot of figuring.
                    Yet to try one of the SM 1's yet but I'm sure its a killer player.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

no i don't mind. but i'm not an expert on the technicalities of guitar terminology, etc. i'm also going off my memory from playing it.
                      what i mean is the neck profile (e.g., back contour) is different than that of the original 80s stagemaster, which is thinner. the sm-1 is supposed to be "SlimTaper" profile, but it doesn't feel like it compared to the original stagy or my bolt-on kramer neck profiles. also, if you're used to a jackson or charvel neck profile, then this will feel chunkier, filling your palm.
                      Many thanks, from the images i have seen, at thomman website, i think it may actually fit my hands nicely, of course this isn't reliable but what can i do? There are no kramers to pick anywhere at my country, even jacksons are missing now.

Comment

glad it cleared up your question. actually the late 80s stagemaster i have used to be straycat's and the sm-1 i played was from a kramer forum member. bought it off of him for about a month before he bought it back... he missed it too much

Comment

glad it cleared up your question. actually the late 80s stagemaster i have used to be straycat's and the sm-1 i played was from a kramer forum member. bought it off of him for about a month before he bought it back... he missed it too much
                          True love in its purest state

Comment

Working...
                          X