Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK this is getting just a bit ridiculous..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK this is getting just a bit ridiculous..

how does one even play something like this. You'd need MONSTROUS sized hands?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

for the love of Jeebus...why!!

Comment

ugh. I just got a 7 string and was considering picking up an 8 at the same time. the thing was, I couldn't really get comfortable with the width of the neck on the 8, and I thought the low strings just rumbled and flapped too much. with a 10 string, I couldn't even imagine. at the point where you are thinking, "hmmm, I NEED a 10 string," then maybe you need to considering taking up the bass guitar or the chapman stick!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Rondo/Agile seem to be milking the erg thing for all it is worth, I'm sure we'll see something like this in the not-so-distant future -

Comment

10 minutes alone with a seven string was enough to convince me that I was in over my head. This thing? It doesn't even have inlays! I can't even imagine how lost I'd be!
          The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

set the top 4 strings to drop D tuning for sick 1 fingered power chords?
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I just don't get it. I'm sure there's someone out there chanting "the musical possibilities are endless"....I think if I picked it up the musical possibilities would just END...
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Way to many strings. lol
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You can't think of that as a guitar or a bass. It is an instrument of its own. Tobin Abasi has said that about 8 strings. 10 takes it even further.

I personally have no interest in learning to play a 10 string, so I wouldn't buy that. But I wouldn't call it ridiculous. It's only "ridiculous" in comparison to a guitar....which it isn't.

Comment

Ya know what would be cool? 11 strings..."These go to 11...11, 11, 11, right across the board."

Comment

My hand wouldn't even fit around the neck at the nut!! That's just pure insanity. At some point when you keep adding more strings it stops being a guitar and starts being something else entirely. What it becomes I have no idea?
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

7 strings is still guitar-like. 8 strings is not. At 27" it's still baritone scale. My 8 string Ibanez is 29.4" scale. It is effectively a guitar/bass hybrid but unlike either. It can be played like a guitar and it can be slapped like a bass. It's quite fun, but trying to play guitar parts on it is a bit confusing because you have trouble indexing as you would a guitar or bass. I think it's great, but I'm more likely to grab my 7 or a 6 string.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm not sure I need 6, e a d maybe a low b.
                          no sig.....

Comment

Looks rad. I prefer to extend my range towards the bridge tho.
                            Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Needs a Floyd

Comment

Working...
                              X