NGD / 2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD / 2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe

I recently picked this up but never got around to posting pics / review. It is a 2011 NOS Les Paul Studio Deluxe in Alpine White with all black hardware. I was told that these were originally a special run for the Japanese market but due to the disaster they had a couple of years ago they were never shipped and instead wound up at GC/MF. They came with a traditional weight relieved body (Swiss Cheese holes) instead of being chambered like the rest of the studios of the time. This guitar weighs in at 8.6lbs and is resonant and lively sounding with plenty of bottom end without being muddy. It sports a very comfortable 60's slim taper neck that is a mix of a slim C back shape near the 1st- 4th fret and flattens out to very slim D as you go up the neck. It is the fastest and most comfortable LP neck I have ever played and I have played many. It also has a very dark and black Ebony fingerboard. One of the last made before Gibson all but stopped producing guitars with Ebony fingerboards. This guitar is the Les Paul I always dreamed of owning but had given up on finding many years ago. All the classic LP honk and thick grinding tone I could want.

2 piece center joined Mahogany body (Traditional weight relief ) 8.6lbs
    Ebony fingerboard
    22 medium jumbo frets Pleked ( The best fret work of any Gibson I have owned)
    500T in the bridge and a 496R in the neck.
    Push/pull coil taps for added tonal options (The electronics in this are absolutely silent no hiss or noise)
    Alpine White finish with no visible flaws? I had to double check this to make sure it was a Gibson?
    All black hardware featuring a set of Grover Kidney tuner 14:1 ratio.

Ok this is were I was going to post a couple of pics but since my Platinum status has expired I am denied the option? Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Predator1; 09-19-2013, 10:03 AM.

I like the 500T and the 496R the best out of all Gibson pick ups. I absolutely can not stand the Burstbuckers.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Sounds like a nice looking LP. Congrats!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
        Ok this is were I was going to post a couple of pics but since my Platinum status has expired I am denied the option? Stay tuned!
        You need to host them on a site like photobucket or something and then you can insert them here. Sounds like a great Les Paul, can't wait to see pics.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

AFAIK since 84 the studios had the swiss cheese holes not chambered.
          I could swear my P90 50's tribute was chambered by its weight but never really looked.

Use the paperclip icon and post from your hard drive.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X