Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 oldie but goodies in the shop.

Have these to work one this weekend.
    1977 MIJ Yamaha SG 1500.Just a great guitar and it sounds killer.Huge tone for sure.
    1972 Gibson SG with mini humbuckers.Absolutely awesome playing and sounding guitar.
    A real treat to work on these guitars, both are in for a good cleaning, regular check up and set up.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

My buddy Jim has a 1970 SG and it's also absolutely killer. Great playing and sounding.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

The Yamaha is a 10.8 lb beast of a player,one of the nicest ebony fingerboards I have ever seen.Very high quality guitar.
        The Gibson flat out sounds huge and thick but the neck is really narrow at the nut.It has an old set of Duncan mini humbuckers with the logos on the covers.
        I would love to have either one.

Comment

I like the Gibby a lot, but I would have to change out the control panel to an old school 3-way toggle setup if it was mine. I really like the looks of the minibuckers on it.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The slide switches work fine but a 3 way is an option when they quit working.

Comment

Stray,

If you are up for a trip Nashville Used Music had a classic Yamaha SG1500 in Cherry Sunburst. Call before going down it was a month ago when I saw it, and the price was a little high. Maybe they have dropped it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                The Yamaha is a 10.8 lb beast of a player,one of the nicest ebony fingerboards I have ever seen.Very high quality guitar.
                The Gibson flat out sounds huge and thick but the neck is really narrow at the nut.It has an old set of Duncan mini humbuckers with the logos on the covers.
                I would love to have either one.
                10.8 LBS??? That's crazy heavy!! Is that Yamaha neck through or set neck? I am guessing it's set but just wondering Stray.

Comment

Lefty looks like they were all neck thru from the catalog pics.
                  The reason they are heavy is because they are thicker than a L.P. and don't have the swiss cheese holes.
                  Don these are crazy expensive from what I can see so what were they asking on the flame top?
                  This guy paid around $500 for this one because it has had a neck repair.
                  Whoever repaired it did a fine job I will say that, almost invisible.

Comment

Sweet! I always loved those old Yamahas.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X