Refreshed Hamer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vass View Post
    Love the work on the neck- and he prob looked at the ss as one less job he'll get in a few years..... They last longer no?
    SS are supposed to last a hell of a lot longer. I'm not sure if they ever really wear down or not...
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Finally got some black DiMarzio pup rings and installed them yesterday. Looks better to me.
      IMG_01831_zpsd3dc6645.jpg
      IMG_01861_zpsa215db22.jpg

Comment

It does look better with the black rings.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Great guitars. Had a 93 special I never should have sold.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Thanks. The creme was throwing my eyes off a little. I had the DiMarzio Norton laying around for about 9 years waiting to go into something (an old project fell through when my buddy who was supposed to build a neck for a Jackson Dinky body got divorced and moved away... taking said Dinky body I wanted to put it in). I'm glad I put the Norton in this, as it sounds amazing!

I miss my '95 Special FM, but this '94 all mahogany is great.

Comment

The work looks great Joe, and the black rings look perfect. She looks like she fits like a glove! Just awesome, man I miss my Hamers.
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of stainless steel frets! They feel SO good. I love them and haven't put nickel wire in anything in years. The "hell on tools" thing is almost completely avoidable, though.

They will wear, but nowhere near what nickel does, and they keep that slinky feeling forever.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The stainless are indeed wonderful. I have them on my custom Carvin 7-string I ordered three years ago, and I absolutely love them.

Comment

Working...
                  X