any thoughts on esp ltd ec 401

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    It's a set neck but with the joint rounded making it look like a neck thru.
    Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    Basically, that's it. But I've also heard that it supposedly goes deeper into the body cavity for more stability.
    Correct. I had a Schecter 7-string years ago that was set-thru, and it was awesome.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I own an Alex Wade AW-7 LTD, and it is an awesome neck-thru guitar that plays great (mahogany body with 3-piece maple neck), and it's stock with DiMarzio D-Activators.

1001809esp_law-7_w12040004_lg.jpg

And besides Alex Wade, the other two guitar players of Whitechapel, and even bass player, have signature models, and they're all Korean LTD models. Why would they choose to have LTD on the headstock over ESP?
      Whitechapel.jpg
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bet it wasn't so much a choice but dollars spent to get them signed to LTD instead of ESP to build the brand name.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Yeah, i need to cry fowl on that one.
          Celebrity endorsements, unfortunately, is usually about money, not integrity.

Steve Vai would be the perfect example. Every hear of the Jackson Gem or Jackson Universe...

I, had bc rich and budweiser. The guitars were alright, but look which forum i am on. Look at which guitars I've owned for 20 years while the others have been bought and sold on a rotating door.

I don't even drink beer!

Comment

But i will repeat my original post...

I bought a used - who knows if original owner hot rodded it or ruined it or left it original
            an ec1000 - a higher model than you're asking
            with W08 as the serial - in case it makes a difference
            its not a T or a Q, its just ec1000 - because those letter do make a difference

it is a good guitar. Not a great guitar. A good guitar. It has quickly become my goto instrument.

Its not the best guitar in any category. But it will do them all. My Jackson will shred circles around the thing, but my Jackson doesn't do blues or pop or gospel. I have a country guitar, but it doesn't rock.

My 1000 will play everything. To steal a phrase,
            its the jack of all trades. Master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              But i will repeat my original post...

I bought a used - who knows if original owner hot rodded it or ruined it or left it original
              an ec1000 - a higher model than you're asking
              with W08 as the serial - in case it makes a difference
              its not a T or a Q, its just ec1000 - because those letter do make a difference

it is a good guitar. Not a great guitar. A good guitar. It has quickly become my goto instrument.

Its not the best guitar in any category. But it will do them all. My Jackson will shred circles around the thing, but my Jackson doesn't do blues or pop or gospel. I have a country guitar, but it doesn't rock.

My 1000 will play everything. To steal a phrase,
              its the jack of all trades. Master of none.
              That makes a good synopsis of my MH-1000, also.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I own an EC1000 Deluxe with the Seymour Duncan's in it and I own the bottom of the line EC50 loaded with an EMG81/85. One is top of the line, the other is bottom. Both are great guitars. They both play great, sound great, look great and stay in tune. Can't ask for any more than that.

The EC400 is an excellent guitar. All the EC's are.

Comment

Working...
                X