Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ward View Post
    Interesting.

Anyone know what the actual buy price is supposed to be?
    Here's one on the bay. It's pretty cheap too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261318435692?lpid=82
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
      I'm sure they are amazing guitars but I would not be seen in public with one.
      This makes no sense.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

You could buy an AZG Vinnie Vincent cheaper!

If Vinnie would actually sell it!

Looks pretty though, nice grain.

I agree with Vector too. The MM Petrucci bridge is great and acts just like a Floyd but it don't stay in tune as well without the locknut! Pop in bar is very, very good though. Better than a screw in/on Floyd IMO.

I've never played a PRS but looking at their measurements, the wide neck is just under 43mm, so it isn't quite as wide as an Ibi neck. Won't be as thin either!
        Last edited by shramiac; 01-08-2014, 06:58 PM.
        www.vvforums.com

Comment

These have the new PRS metal pickups

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
            This makes no sense.
            +1.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I just saw the SE version at www.SamAsh.com for $849.00

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                I just saw the SE version at www.SamAsh.com for $849.00
                Yup. Featuring the not-nearly-as-decent-as-the-real-deal-OFR-FRT-1000. Hmm. I'll pass.

Comment

People keep saying that, but I still can't discern any difference tonally/reliability-wise between my 1000's and my MIG's.

Comment

May be anecdotal but of the two FRT-1000's I've owned, BOTH did not perform near as well as my OFRs and Schaller lic'd. versions. Tuning was off after vigorous use, they were not nearly as responsive and had some minor but annoying defects in manufacturing/function- i.e.micro tuners not turning completely or at all, and arm tension collar not screwing down fully or difficult to turn.

Sorry, if a product fails to perform up to standard in two cases, they do not get a 3d opportunity with me. I'll pay the extra 90 bucks to have my trem do what it's intended to do with a higher degree of quality in both function and manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                      May be anecdotal but of the two FRT-1000's I've owned, BOTH did not perform near as well as my OFRs and Schaller lic'd. versions. Tuning was off after vigorous use, they were not nearly as responsive and had some minor but annoying defects in manufacturing/function- i.e.micro tuners not turning completely or at all, and arm tension collar not screwing down fully or difficult to turn.

Sorry, if a product fails to perform up to standard in two cases, they do not get a 3d opportunity with me. I'll pay the extra 90 bucks to have my trem do what it's intended to do with a higher degree of quality in both function and manufacturing.
                      +1 I really don't think there's any comparison between an OFR and the FRT-1000. In my opinion hardware is pretty much the most important thing on a guitar so I never go cheap and I avoid companies that do. The FRT-1000 is okay at best in my opinion but as Vector said it is cheaper and lower quality and in my opinion nowhere near as reliable as an OFR. EDIT; If I did buy the cheaper model I would swap the FRT-1000 for an OFR as soon as I got it. It would be an instant upgrade.
                      Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-10-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                        I guess I've been lucky then. I've had...6 of them over the past 2-3 years? No problems whatsoever, solid as a rock. I upgrade the block, but the rest (so far) I've left stock. And no issues.

Now, on the other hand, I wouldn't ever leave the Floyd Special or the like on a guitar. Just my opinion though.

Maybe I'm just not picky enough.

Comment

Working...
                        X