Bought an Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
    I have 12 different Ibanez guitars all Japanese made including a left handed RG 1570 and it is a really nice guitar for what I paid for it. I got it back in 2009 brand new for $1100 and some change. The "Prestige" models come with a very nice case as well in my opinion.
    This one is Korean made, and that's about par for the course in this price range. But it allows me to spend some time with an Ibanez to see if I think I'll like them. I never really gave them much of a chance until recently.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

i'm sorry...no i'm not as i adore my ibanezes...as for your next one?...instead of going prestige i would recommend seeking out a late 80's rg (550, 560, 570) as they are pretty close to indestructible (and the original edge tremolo rules)...i prefer rosewood fingerboards as the maple ones had a tendency to warp...but if you can score one for under 4-500 you won't be disappointed...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
        i'm sorry...no i'm not as i adore my ibanezes...as for your next one?...instead of going prestige i would recommend seeking out a late 80's rg (550, 560, 570) as they are pretty close to indestructible (and the original edge tremolo rules)...i prefer rosewood fingerboards as the maple ones had a tendency to warp...but if you can score one for under 4-500 you won't be disappointed...d.m.
        +1 Two of the twelve models I own are an old 550 and a 560. EDIT; got the models mixed up.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-23-2013, 06:04 PM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
          This one is Korean made, and that's about par for the course in this price range. But it allows me to spend some time with an Ibanez to see if I think I'll like them. I never really gave them much of a chance until recently.
          Korean made beats Indonesian made.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

i have a 550 (surf green refin), 570 no finish, japanese red saber, indonesian s5ex1 (not bad although the zr trem is strange) and a parts swirl jem style (made out of all japanese ibanez parts except the body which is mahogany to jem specs) being assembled right now...all are great but the indonesian one's neck is a lot thicker than the rest...but it's pretty so i keep it anyway...lol...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Some guy has a WTB RG550 ad on CL. I thought about selling my 1990 RG550, but damn I love this thing and deleted the email I had started. Mine is black on black, wit a PAF Pro, Virtual Blues and Super D pickups. Sounds huge. I don't want to sell it because I may not come across one again.

Comment

Hey, you're telling it like it is and I actually agree. I looked at a used Prestige in Guitar Center on Friday for $399.99. I didn't like the color, but I still almost got it. I love the "almost sharkfin" inlays on this one, while the Prestige had dots.

At some point, I'll stumble across a Prestige, Premium, J Custom, or something in that league, with a maple board and graphics.
                Thank you for not taking offense, some people would, and it wasn't my intention to be a downer! I'm actually picking up another Ibanez on Boxing Day. An Ibanez RGT42DXFM. Mahogany body, maple top, maple neck (neck through, by the way), and it's trans blue. When I get it I'll post a NGD. It has abalone "almost sharkfin" inlays, and in certain lighting you can actually see the two "pieces" are different materials, and it's an exact Jackson sharkfin rip off. It's VERY hard to explain, I'll try and get pictures in the NGD thread!

I didn't know they had a Korean version of this model, all of the ones I played were Indonesian. That being said, I imagine it plays a lot better than the ones I played!

I have 12 different Ibanez guitars all Japanese made including a left handed RG 1570 and it is a really nice guitar for what I paid for it. I got it back in 2009 brand new for $1100 and some change. The "Prestige" models come with a very nice case as well in my opinion.
                Nice! I love my RG1570. Got it for $600 used, no case. Dual EMG 81's and an EMG Telecaster bridge pickup in the middle, which I promptly sold for $60, so I only really got it for $540! No Prestige case though

Comment

Nice! I love my RG1570. Got it for $600 used, no case. Dual EMG 81's and an EMG Telecaster bridge pickup in the middle, which I promptly sold for $60, so I only really got it for $540! No Prestige case though [/QUOTE] If you like the 1570 you should check out the 1550! The 1550 is just an old RG-550 with "Prestige" finishing work done to it. It has one of the nicest Maple fret boards I've ever played or owned on it!

Comment

Nice! I love my RG1570. Got it for $600 used, no case. Dual EMG 81's and an EMG Telecaster bridge pickup in the middle, which I promptly sold for $60, so I only really got it for $540! No Prestige case though
                    If you like the 1570 you should check out the 1550! The 1550 is just an old RG-550 with "Prestige" finishing work done to it. It has one of the nicest Maple fret boards I've ever played or owned on it![/QUOTE]
                    I e sen those but never in person! I really wish Ibanez would use more ebony fretboards, especially on their Prestiges

Comment

Maybe only for the Japanese market, but Ibanez re-released the RG550, the RG570, and the RG670 as "The Genesis Collection" a couple of months ago. Everything on the guitar is made in Japan. I was thinking about picking up an RG550, as I used to have two that I had to let go when I needed cash in a hurry a few years ago.

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                        Maybe only for the Japanese market, but Ibanez re-released the RG550, the RG570, and the RG670 as "The Genesis Collection" a couple of months ago. Everything on the guitar is made in Japan. I was thinking about picking up an RG550, as I used to have two that I had to let go when I needed cash in a hurry a few years ago.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/gc/
                        Yeah you guys get all the good Ibanez stuff in my opinion because Japan is their home base of operations. I haven't bought an Ibanez since 2009. I am pretty pissed off at their lack of anything high quality in a left handed version. I already have a Vai Model and a Satch model. A bunch of old RG's and some new Prestige RG's. I want a J.Custom or a Prestige RG higher in the model line up than the 1570 or 1550 because that's where the lefties stopped a few years ago. I want to see an RG 3550 or a J.Custom in left handed before I buy anything from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                          If you like the 1570 you should check out the 1550! The 1550 is just an old RG-550 with "Prestige" finishing work done to it. It has one of the nicest Maple fret boards I've ever played or owned on it!
                          +1 on the ebony fret boards.

Comment

Working...
                          X