Modded Custom Shop Les Paul Axcess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modded Custom Shop Les Paul Axcess

Must be a psychological issue but I took a custom shop Les Paul Axcess (1 of only 3 in the world) and modded it to my liking. The Burstbucker bridge was the first to come out, replaced by a WCR Murkat Special. Along with went in ane Alpha volume pot and a new cap. Then a year later, I swapped out the chrome MIK Floyd for a good ol' MIG Floyd Rose Original, in black. New black Grovers, some black volume and tone knobs, a cpouple of black p'up rings and a new black toggle cap complete the look. Now this beauty is looking malevolent and classy, all at the same time.

Here's the old version:

I like it better after the mods. I would have one of these if they had a 60's neck. I just can't on with the neck shape these have. My studio deluxe 60's neck in Alpine White is perfect although I wish it had a Floyd like yours.

Comment

Leftykingv2 is gonna be pissed....he LOVES Gibsons!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post

Comment

Cool guitar, bro. I think it looks great both ways.

I'm not a big Les Paul fan, but I bet I could really bond with one of those Axcess models.

Comment

Lefty is gonna have a cow at what you did to this guitar.
            Its just a Gibson do whatever you want to it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              Cool guitar, bro. I think it looks great both ways.

I'm not a big Les Paul fan, but I bet I could really bond with one of those Axcess models.
              Truthfully, I never was able to bond completely with LP's. Never was a go-to guitar. But this one does play, sound and look the tits as far as Lesters go. I'd haul it along to gigs just to have a iconic ax on stage. Outside of that, this guitar wouldn't be able to hold up to my Charvel and my Hamers.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Prolly. But I did warn him in the for sale thread. Was trying to sell off the Floyd that came off the LP and the issue of Gibby using cheaper Floyds came up. And yeah, Gibson's definition of "custom" greatly differs from mine! I did the same thing to my 25th Anniv. Limited Edit. SG Diablo Tremolo. Took the Floyd and the hardware off and replaced it with quality stuff. Looks and plays MUCH better now!

Comment

Oh no, there goes Tokyo...
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

You were right! You said it would look better "blacked out" and it does! Nice work my friend!
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                    Lol!! He did give me fair warning and besides I think it's probably a better guitar now than it was before because of the addition of the OFR.
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-26-2013, 11:29 PM.
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post

Comment

It does look very nice Vector. I have to admit it. The top is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                          It does look very nice Vector. I have to admit it. The top is beautiful.
                          Thanks Lefty. Can't help but muse about the significant improvement to a supposedly "high end" ax by swapping out a few parts- this is certainly nothing new. Whole lotta folks on here (and all over) mod and tinker to get their axes just right- someone once quipped: I don't buy a guitar expecting it to be perfect right outta the box/ store, I buy it, knowing full well, I'll be making changes. Coloradoman is one that comes to mind when I think of like-minded modders.

Comment

I agree vector. The only axe that should be expected to be perfect are those high-end custom shop ones people are waiting 2 years+ to get. The only problem there is that peoples' taste can change over that much time so even those may not be exactly perfect by the time it gets to you. The only ones I could see not making changes to are collector or investment pieces. BTW, it definitely look better after your changes.
                            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Awesome looks like a proper floyded LP now.

Comment

Working...
                              X