Hamer experts questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer experts questions

Years ago I had a scepter V, been looking for another or just a scepter for a long time. Where the hell did they all go? What do they usually go for. I know a damaged scepter went pretty high not too long ago on eBay. My V was a 22 fret w boomerang inlays, did any have dot inlays? I heard that later ones had 24 frets or it was an option?

Those are pretty scarce. Super neat guitars, though. Mine had boomers, as did most that I know of (I know of two with crowns).

If your on Long Island, you need to talk to Charlie LoVarco at Music Emporium. In the day, those guys were, IMO, the greatest Hamer dealers on the planet (ask Charlie about his original Focus II store in Commack). Those dudes have a ton of Hamer Knowledge. You might also talk to the owner of Guitar Asylum in miller Place-the owner used to manage the Focus II store for many years during the Hamer/ESP/BC Rich Heydays of the 80's I to the early 90's.

Comment

Talk to Vector (Forum Member) he knows a shit load about Hamers and owns quite a few.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I used to take lessons at focus II in Bellmore and remember those days. Charlie at this point is clueless, as is the staff at the new place. I bought my Hamer scepter V from there, I don't ever remember another scepter or scepter V there ever. And I won't deal with guitar asylum, had issues with them once and they have no clue what they are doing and there tech is a moron.
        Last edited by j2379; 01-13-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

That's too bad-back then, they were amazing.

Comment

One of the reasons why Hamer's, USA Hamers, are so rare, is that they were never really a "mass production" guitar company. I think they maxed out at like 6 guitars per day, when they moved to Connecticut, it was around 3 per day...

So.... there simply are not as many Hamers around as you might think!!!!!!!!

Add that to the fact that "radical" designs like the Sceptor and Scarab were a smaller percentage of the production... and.. there's your reason!

At one time, i had 5 scarabs in my collection... I only knew of one other guy with more, and he bought two of mine!!!

I still have the first one I even bought... I finally repainted the body after years of abuse, but left the headstock because I couldn't get a logo!!

Last edited by h.e.l.shane; 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM.
            WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

Working...
            X