Which one do you like better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one do you like better?

Out of these two Ibanez PGMs, which one do you like better aesthetically? The one on the left or the one on the right?

Last edited by Matt_B; 01-10-2014, 10:11 AM.

That's a tough call bro because they're both absolutely awesome guitars. If I had to pick I would say the one on the right only because I like the mix of colors better. I'll bet they both play great. Killer guitars you got there if they're yours bro! I love my old RG's and Jems. My JS 2400 model or my 1987 RG 550 have to be my favorite Ibanez guitars I own. The neck on the 550 is probably one of the best I've ever owned or played. It feels like it was made for my hand.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I like the one on the left better.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hesitated to say this, because I'm not "fishing", but I'm thinking about selling one to make room for another guitar. That's why I'm asking - I have to make a tough decision.

Comment

I wouldn't go for either of them, but that wasn't an option.

The today me would choose the one on the right. Its more subdued. People in the back row couldn't see the wild detail. You could probably play it in a church or blues club or anywhere, and not get stared at.
          The today me is a little less flashy, but more versatile.

But in my prime. I would go left. Those colors would go well on stage. Bigger graphic. Brighter colors. Not a church guitar, but it would pass for rock and pop and even some harder edged blues.
          The old me was more uni-directional. All about the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            I hesitated to say this, because I'm not "fishing", but I'm thinking about selling one to make room for another guitar. That's why I'm asking - I have to make a tough decision.
            FUCK ME!!! I hate being left handed!!!!
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              I suppose that's an option but I guess that would be no vote at all.

Comment

The today me would choose the one on the right. Its more subdued. People in the back row couldn't see the wild detail. You could probably play it in a church or blues club or anywhere, and not get stared at.
                The today me is a little less flashy, but more versatile.

But in my prime. I would go left. Those colors would go well on stage. Bigger graphic. Brighter colors. Not a church guitar, but it would pass for rock and pop and even some harder edged blues.
                The old me was more uni-directional. All about the show.
                I could give a shit less what color either of those guitars are and you're crazy for saying you wouldn't go for either of them because those guitars are amazing players. If I wasn't left handed I'd be PM'ing him an offer right now!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                  ...because those guitars are amazing players.
                  I recall there being some brouhaha about Ibanez subtly changing the Wizard neck profile I don't remember what year that was. These were made in '05 and '06 which I think was before the change. Regardless, both necks feel great and exactly the same to me.

I actually hadn't played either of them in a while until a few weeks ago and forgot how light and easy they feel to play.

Comment

I could give a shit less what color either of those guitars are and you're crazy for saying you wouldn't go for either of them because those guitars are amazing players. If I wasn't left handed I'd be PM'ing him an offer right now!

But since they are basically the same guitar with different finishes, what are we choosing from other than the finish.
                    Which finish would I choose. Neither.
                    We can paint them both black, then what would we be choosing from!? Green or black pickups.

Comment

gun to my head? I'd pick the left one. But if I walked into a store looking to buy a guitar and these were the only two they had, I'd walk out and head to the next store.

It's all personal preference. Now if it were one of PG's white or blue/pink ones? It'd be a hard decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                        I recall there being some brouhaha about Ibanez subtly changing the Wizard neck profile I don't remember what year that was. These were made in '05 and '06 which I think was before the change. Regardless, both necks feel great and exactly the same to me.

I actually hadn't played either of them in a while until a few weeks ago and forgot how light and easy they feel to play.
                        Yeah a lot of Ibanez guys were pissed about the Wizard being changed I do remember when that happened. In There defense I have a 2009 RG Prestige 1550 ML and the neck is really nice. It's the 5 piece maple/walnut job. It's almost the same as the 1987 RG 550 but the 550's neck does feel a little better to me.

Comment

But since they are basically the same guitar with different finishes, what are we choosing from other than the finish.
                          Which finish would I choose. Neither.
                          We can paint them both black, then what would we be choosing from!? Green or black pickups.
                          Okay! I thought you meant you wouldn't like to own or play either. My bad bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
                            Now if it were one of PG's white or blue/pink ones? It'd be a hard decision.
                            Well they both "used to be white".

Comment

Okay! I thought you meant you wouldn't like to own or play either. My bad bro!

Its alright. You're left handed. We expect you to be confused once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X