No announcement yet.

2014 ESP/LTD models announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get all the new series; ESP Original, ESP USA, E-II, ESP/LTD... What the hell's going on. That fucking 12th fret block inlay with the model name that they insist on having on EVERY SINGLE guitar they build is the only thing keeping me from buying an ESP or LTD.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      As an ESP fan.....this year is a let down. The E-II branding is lame. The name is bad. The logo is bad. Bad, bad, bad. Some of the Original Series & USA models are really cool, but they are gonna be astronomically priced to the point of ridiculousness.
      +1
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
        That fucking 12th fret block inlay with the model name that they insist on having on EVERY SINGLE guitar they build is the only thing keeping me from buying an ESP or LTD.
        I don't see any inlays on my 7-string.
        ESP1.jpg
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice axe Toejam!
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 10.23.14 AM.jpg

The faded sky blue has all my wants!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              As an ESP fan.....this year is a let down. The E-II branding is lame. The name is bad. The logo is bad. Bad, bad, bad. Some of the Original Series & USA models are really cool, but they are gonna be astronomically priced to the point of ridiculousness.

This!!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                Nice axe Toejam!
                Thanks. My fiance bought it for me for Xmas last year, and it rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by NoWisdom View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6744[/ATTACH]

The faded sky blue has all my wants!
                  That really is a great color!

Comment

I don't get all the new series; ESP Original, ESP USA, E-II, ESP/LTD... What the hell's going on. That fucking 12th fret block inlay with the model name that they insist on having on EVERY SINGLE guitar they build is the only thing keeping me from buying an ESP or LTD.
                    ESP Original: these have always been available in Japan. They are pretty much Custom Shop guitars with pre-selected options. Uber-quality. Uber-expensive.
                    ESP USA: from what I understand, these are supposed to also be high quality and expensive. Not sure of the need to have both the Original Series line & the USA line. Seems like it will just confuse the market.
                    LTD: staying pretty much the same.
                    LTD Elite: discontinued and blending into the E-II line.
                    E-II: taking over for the former ESP Standard Series. Also, adding the former LTD Elite line.
                    ESP Custom Shop: Made in Japan. Not sure if USA Custom builds will be through here or rather through the USA shop.

That's my understanding of it all. It *is* very confusing. But it's all the appease the Japanese market because they want the ESP brand to be only for their top tier builds.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      I don't see any inlays on my 7-string.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6742[/ATTACH]
                      Hah got me there! Funnily enough the lack of that unsightly 12th fret inlay is one of the reasons the AW-7 is on my GAS list, but it's a Strat... albeit a good-looking one!

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Hah got me there! Funnily enough the lack of that unsightly 12th fret inlay is one of the reasons the AW-7 is on my GAS list, but it's a Strat... albeit a good-looking one!
                        And it's a neck-thru Strat! Three-piece maple with mahogany body.

Comment

Yeah i know but i have something against Strat body shapes... If it was a Tele or a V then my GAS would be off the charts!

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Working...
                          X