NGD!! My first Martin..wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!! My first Martin..wow

Curtis bought this for me today, he's awesome yeah, I'm biased . I've never played a Martin until today..and wow. This one is sweet. Playability is outstanding, but it's the TONE..oh hell. . I tried several brands..but this one really just grabbed me. Loving it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114244440@N03/11916952406/

Martin's are nice acoustics. I have a Martin D-35L and it's pretty sweet. My favorite acoustic that I own has to be my Taylor DN-K-L Dreadnought. It just sings when you play it. What model is the Martin you got? HNGD!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

It's a D-1GT. I tried several guitars around a grand..and the Taylor tried just didn't speak to me at all. Was "thin" sounding, but that's just my ears. I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        It's a D-1GT. I tried several guitars around a grand..and the Taylor tried just didn't speak to me at all. Was "thin" sounding, but that's just my ears. I'm a happy camper.
        Most of the Taylors in that price range aren't as nice as the Martin guitars in that price range. I am not a huge fan of the Sapele wood for acoustics though. I like rosewood backs and sides or Koa but to each their own. Glad you like your new guitar. It's always fun to get your hands on something new. Also if you don't mind me asking who is Curtis and why did he buy you a guitar?
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Congrats Jeri....first acoustic I ever played was a 60s Martin....spoiled me for any other!!

Comment

very nice, Jeri. Congrats
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              Most of the Taylors in that price range aren't as nice as the Martin guitars in that price range. I am not a huge fan of the Sapele wood for acoustics though. I like rosewood backs and sides or Koa but to each their own. Glad you like your new guitar. It's always fun to get your hands on something new. Also if you don't mind me asking who is Curtis and why did he buy you a guitar?
              Curtis is my husband..and I actually gave my acoustic to my step son because his POS Estaban fell apart literally right before his birthday. He's really trying to learn how to play, so I gave him something decent (Ibanez). I didn't really know anything about the guitar, just grabbed it off the wall..and really dig the sound.

Comment

Nice one, Jeri! I've never owned an acoustic, but I think I'll have to pick one up eventually.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  Curtis is my husband..and I actually gave my acoustic to my step son because his POS Estaban fell apart literally right before his birthday. He's really trying to learn how to play, so I gave him something decent (Ibanez). I didn't really know anything about the guitar, just grabbed it off the wall..and really dig the sound.
                  Awesome! I didn't know we had any female members! It's great to know there are women who love Jackson too and not just the typical sausage fest we have going on here most of the time. EDIT; Those "Estaban" guitars are pure garbage! I am ashamed that "Estaban" translates into my name in English.
                  Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-14-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Nice one, Jeri! I've never owned an acoustic, but I think I'll have to pick one up eventually.
                    That's crazy bro! Everyone needs an acoustic. I bought mine after the first time the power went out here in Pgh. Pa. and was out of service for two days. I was jonesing to play so bad and I said this shit ain't happening again. Check out the usual Taylor's and Martins. They're great guitars and I know you won't believe I am telling you this but....Gibson still builds a great acoustic.

Comment

I know, it is crazy, right? My cousin's got one, and I've played a couple others many years back, but I'll eventually get one. I used to want one of the Carvin Cobalts which were the only models they had made overseas, but they're discontinued now.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I know, it is crazy, right? My cousin's got one, and I've played a couple others many years back, but I'll eventually get one. I used to want one of the Carvin Cobalts which were the only models they had made overseas, but they're discontinued now.
                        I remember those. They were pretty nice for what they cost like all Carvins.

Comment

Working...
                        X