Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it didn't have three humbuckers I MIGHT have pulled the trigger

Because that is an awful lot off of MSRP
    Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the B.C. Rich Pro X Custom Special X3 Mockingbird Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on...
    Last edited by bombtek; 01-24-2014, 07:20 PM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

If I had the spare money I would love to have one.One stipulation it would have to be a Korean one.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's killer for $399.00 bucks.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yeah, but three humbucker guitars bother me. Always have. Oh add Floyd Rose guitars to that "guitars that bother me" list.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          Yeah, but three humbucker guitars bother me. Always have. Oh add Floyd Rose guitars to that "guitars that bother me" list.
          +1 I don't like the three humbucker configuration either.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I like to put a humbucker sized P 90 in the middle.

Comment

That's a GREAT idea tonewise, but asthetically....it's still a big MEH for me. It's too bad because the ones that they have advertised @ $255 are SUCH a screaming deal! Almost twists my arm hard enough to pull the trigger. At that price it would hardly be above me to slap a pickguard on it and clean up that horrid 3hum config. HMMMMMMMM...I wonder what as SG-like guard would look like on a Mockingbird?!?!?!

Comment

Make a maple plate that matches and screw it in place of the middle pick up.

Comment

Nah I'd want to cover the whole mess. The neck pickup is too close to the neck. There'd be a HUGE gap in between the neck and bridge pups...a pickguard is the only way to go aside from a fill, a reroute and then refin. If I was to buy one, it'd get the 'ol swimming pool route and a guard.
                  Last edited by bombtek; 01-24-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Been trying to mock up an SG guard using MS paint, but I just can't get it look even partway decent. But that is 100% because of my lack of MS paint skills. I can visualize that type of guard on that guitar and it doesn't look too bad...not "right" but not too terrible. Unfortunately I cannot seem to make it work with paint

Comment

remove the center pickup and add fireworks ala ace.

Comment

Pull the trigger on this one Name your price

shawnlutz.com

Comment

$16.99?

It's nice looking...but to be honest, I'd never play it. It'd be just another wall decoration.....AND one more reason for the missus to get angry with me.

Comment

Working...
                          X