Sorry but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I love that vintage-style headstock. I can't stand their pointy headstock.

+1 Not a huge fan of their pointy 'stocks. Reverse is only slightly less annoying. Wish they could do the explorer/banana/hockey stick style again...

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      ESP doing what ESP does. Making copies of other manufacturers stuff
      How did ESP and Charvel both get their start? Making Fender copy parts.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just feel Charvel is very limited to their color scheme (on the pro mods I mean) ... same boring stuff since about 2006 or whenever they relaunched the pro mods (first USA, then Japan, then Mexico). They had the limited runs, but mostly it's been white, black, red, and a couple other colors. more trans colors, more variation. That's all I'm saying. Seems ESP is doing that. But so are other companies. Charvel pro mods are awesome. Would like to see Charvel as a company go more in that direction I guess. Their customs are amazing but the pro mods should have more options it seems.
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
          +1 Not a huge fan of their pointy 'stocks. Reverse is only slightly less annoying. Wish they could do the explorer/banana/hockey stick style again...
          Some of the Lynch models have that head stock. The sunburst tiger and the Kamikaze I do believe but they're reversed as well.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
            I do agree the reverse is slightly less annoying. Still not that great, but better than the regular way. I was never a big fan of the hockey stick headstock either, as I think it's a little too long, but I do like it on the Roope Latvala Star.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OT: speaking of the ESP knife/pointy headstock...I find it interesting that Washburn is now making several guitars with their 80s pointy headstock.....the one that ESP copied (after they got in trouble over their Jackson-ish pointy).

Edit: here's a pic of the Washburn headstock I'm talking about:

Last edited by Chad; 01-28-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Glad to see Washburn taking their headstock back! I actually thought the Washurn headstock was cool in the '80s. The angle is just a tiny bit different than ESP and looks a little better to me.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice price too http://www.espguitars.com/products/1...series-guitars
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Of all the 2014 product offerings, ESP are the only company offering something interesting at different price points (apart from Caparison now that they are offering a mid-range line).

So do I go for a E-II, a M-III USA or an Anderson/Suhr? Not easy

Comment

Charvel kinda did this sort of thing in the late 90s with the San Dimas series. I do like that ESP headstock, though.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Meh,

Those do nothing for me. I might just be weird, but I don't like flame on strat bodies, and I don't like really tight flame like those either, I like a loose wide flame. I don't like that headstock either, I like the one on the Vintage Plus/USA M-III better.
                        I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X