2005 LP HC +top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 LP HC +top

Been a good guitar week for me so here are some pics. Out of almost all LP's I have had this one sounds great in stock form no reason to do any up grades. The R8 I had was the same way. Heritage cherry isn't my fave color but this one is pretty dark and the + top is stellar.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 01-31-2014, 01:12 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Yes, that top is gorgeous.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

I like HCSB, its a classic LP color. Congrats, it looks good!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

congratulations. That is a sweet standard, nice top too.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I see so many LP's with terrible top matches, so it warms my heart to see a really nice one.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Beautiful top bro! It looks like the Standard I played a couple weeks ago that was really nice.
              Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-31-2014, 02:20 PM.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

It had a headstock break but not all that bad and was repaired by Willcutt Guitars in 07.
                Not sure if the break made it a better guitar tone wise but some swear it improves tone LOL.
                It was a good deal so I couldn't pass it up.
                Got all the case candy plus the pick guard that was never put on and the repair invoice.

Comment

I know they have the breakage problem but it's been my experience that if you break the head stock off of a guitar no matter what brand it is you did something wrong. My buddy broke his about seven years ago but it was more than his fault for several reasons. He was jamming really late and was very drunk. He laid his Les Paul face up on the floor and went to get more beer. When he returned he stepped right on the nut! It snapped damn near clean in half. He had it repaired by a local luthier that charged him $300 bucks but it plays great and still sounds good and he hasn't had an issue since. I personally don't believe in using stands or laying guitars down anywhere ever. I always leave the case open on the floor near me and put the guitar back in the case and close it at least when I am done or even going for a beer or smoke. It's a pain in the ass but I haven't ever broken a guitar I owned so it's worth it. EDIT; If you can post a pic where the break occurred. I am interested to see what the repair looks like.
                  Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-31-2014, 04:01 PM.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Sweet looking LP. I read an interview with Michael Schenker and he says they sound better and come into their own after being beaten and broken and fixed.
                    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

great top. much nicer then the epi cherry top I have.lol

Comment

The guy had it on a couch and a buddy knocked couch over and the guitar took a dive.
                        The repair is nice so I'm happy with it.

Comment

Sweet flame top! Congrats.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As long as it smokes the repair doesn't matter.

Comment

Its one of the best LP's I've had.
                              Sat and went thru my records and this is the 17th LP I have had.
                              About time I decided to keep one.LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X