Helped with a 4th grade project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helped with a 4th grade project

My 9yr old had to make a musical instrument out of recycled parts costing no more than $5. Mom and dad were allowed to help with the tools for construction.

Well, I'll let the boy hammer nails on the railing and stairs for the back porch, but he's not running my bud's old table saw, x-acto, or surform shaver. Also wasn't happy about the drill and sander noise.

Figure a cigar box would be frowned upon at school. So it's time to build a box and make a neck out of scrap wood. $6 for 6 tuners (used 3 so it's $3) some nails, nuts and bolts that have been collected and kicking around forever, couple acoustic guitar strings from a spare pack....

I was going to use some parts out of my Strat, pick up, volume pot, and jack but went for acoustic on this.

Fitment test with an old string and the box to cover the box to keep splinters at bay.

Ain't up to custom shop spec, but it's finished, and actually sounds good played with a slide and tuned GDG

Would have been MUCH easier with a pre-made cigar box and no deadline and a better working space and...

Hmmm... Got a couple unfinished mahogany railings that my buddy's dad gave me kicking around. Piece of Maple or something and some time on the joiner/planer....

Oh, and by helped with a 4th grade project, I should say I "had some help" doing a 4th grade project.
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Very cool! I'll have to make sure not to mention this to my 4th grade son or I'll be in the basement making a copy with a Cherrios box.

Comment

Cool! I especially like the Mike Learn Lucky Charms graphic on it, a true one off custom shop
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

If it only had a Floyd.....

But seriously, that's cool.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
        X