Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender American Design (limited custom shop)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender American Design (limited custom shop)?

http://www.fender.com/american-design

Looks like Fender is taking a page from Jackson's play book, doing a Custom Select-like approach allowing limited custom option builds. Pretty cool.

And, like Carvin, seems like they're selling these direct to customers over the web? Wow. Can't imagine Fender dealers would be happy about that.

I think it's a pretty sweet Idea. The new Fender Select series is already taking a page from the Jackson play book with the new compound radius fret boards.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Very interesting! Just spec'd one out, and got an $1850 quote.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think it would be a lot better if they allowed you to put a Floyd Rose bridge. More bridge and pick up options would be nice.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          I think it would be a lot better if they allowed you to put a Floyd Rose bridge. More bridge and pick up options would be nice.
          +1. A hardtail bridge would also be nice.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They'll probably never put in a Floyd option... that will probably always be restricted to Masterbuild... well unless they do a FSR or something.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              +1. A hardtail bridge would also be nice.
              +1 Yeah it would or even a string through body option would be sweet.

Comment

Spec'd a Carvin bolt and a Fender strat ... same specs basically. Got more with Carvin for only half the price. Plus you can get a Floyd on a Carvin. Unless you just have to have a strat ... :p
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Wow. Can't imagine Fender dealers would be happy about that.
                  Big chance they'll always be priced above dealers, circumventing any complaints
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

needs more options like others have said

given the options at my disposal.. my quote came
                    GEAR:
                    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                    AMPS:
                    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                      Big chance they'll always be priced above dealers, circumventing any complaints
                      You probably have to pay their retail price and to take delivery at a Fender dealer, which means they'll automatically get their cut. No dealer would refuse that sales model. lol

Comment

Couldn't get a quote but out of their options I'd take this
                        Attached Files

Comment

I couldn't design something I would want to buy. I already have my None More Black... which is already my ideal Fender.

Comment

Working...
                          X