No announcement yet.

AMS Catalog Came Today and :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibsons kick ass. Look fellas, I have been playing since Christmas 1981-82, I have had crap guitars, I had good guitars I had great USA guitars. If Gibson's QC sucked as hard as people want you to believe I would not be 3 for 3 buying them without even touching them before buying. I have a 2012 trad+, 2008 BB7 and a 2009 R7 and all are equally as bad ass as any USA Jackson or Custom Shop Jacksons I have owned.

I do think their new prices are insane on Historics and Custom Shoe CC series and no way in hell I'd buy a new one...I have 2 historcs that I let others take in the shorts on resale value.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I bought a Gibson signature T (2013) on closeout. I would never pay 2k for ANY guitar but at 1200 I couldn't pass it up. with the color of the body I like the Granadillo fretboard. Ebony has always been just an option to me.
      Cry about the international laws, or the donations(look this shit up yourself instead of watching fox) what ever there is very little "black" ebony wood and many trees are cut down and left to rot just so you can have your beloved black ebony. Prices sound go way up to pay for non dyed piece of ebony. The same goes for birdseye maple and any other woods you have to destroyed many trees just to get what you want.
      Exotic wood is getting scarce.
      If you like the Chinese stuff go buy it.

Comment

Thing is everybody talks about people groaning about non-black ebony (especially that ridiculous Bob Taylor video). But I almost never witness that. So instead of using that as a scapegoat, just use the non-black ebony and see what happens. Or dye it or whatever. I'd personally want a LP Custom to have an ebony fretboard....if you have to use lighter ebony or dye.....go for it. I don't care. I'd rather have that than a non-traditional wood choice.
        Last edited by Chad; 03-31-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          if you have to use lighter ebony or die.....go for it.
          I don't wanna die, so I'd rather use lighter ebony and live!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lol. You got me. When I typed that had about 10 distractions.

Comment

LOL Someone had to take over in Ron's absence.

Comment

Fuck Toejam! No one should take that over.

Comment

Well, if Ron doesn't want to come here any more...

Comment

I'd rather die than buy a Les Paul Custom with richlite fretboard lol. There are plenty of used ones out there so my life continues on, hopefully for another 50 + years
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I much preferred the 80's when it was just Studio (Rosewood), Standard (Rosewood with binding) & Custom (Ebony with binding). Please let us go back to this simple formula

Comment

Funny thing - there are a lot of companies making better "Les Pauls" than Gibson. A lot of them come out of the far east...heh... Hope Gibson takes note.

Comment

Working...
                        X