Hot pink 88 Fender strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot pink 88 Fender strat

Scored this at the Cinci Ohio guitar show.
    Bone stock and super clean.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Nice. Looks the same as mine. My pink was never that dark though. Its kinda salmon now, but it was never that dark. Is it the lighting? Or does it really that dark in person. These are some great guitars.

Comment

I'll try and get some pics in the sun, its pretty damn pink.

Comment

Nice! I never remember how to tell the Japanese from the US of those..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Fender USA was closed due to the move to Corona around this time.
          Bodies and neck were MIJ and the guitars were sent to the USA where they added the DiMarzio pick ups.
          E series serial numbers on the neck by the body where most MIJ guitars were at that time.
          Neck plate says Fender USA but we know they were MIJ.
          25.1 scale length as well.
          The TBX tone controls kick ass too very wide range of tones in this guitar.
          The neck is really nice and one of the best I have played in a long time.
          If you can get one you won't be sorry.

Comment

I played one of those one time with high hopes, but the radius was way too flat for me, and the neck too wide. Really sucks, cause I love the looks of those

But that's just my opinion, man, congrats on the NGD!!!

Comment

The 17" neck radius feels really good to me, so easy to play and feels a lot like my nuclear yellow Ghost Machine guitar. Super slick feeling necks on both.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by straycat; 03-31-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Nice score! A friend of mine had one of those in the late '80s, I think it was gray. Nice players for sure.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've had some MIJ contemporary strats that came out before these and they were awesome too.
                  Can't say enough as to how nice these guitars are.
                  The MIJ stuff was stellar in this era.

Comment

The first guitar I ever bought with my own cash was an American Standard. Still have it, bone stock, red with white pick guard. Not sure if it's 87 or 88- but I do know one of the bad boys like you have there was for sale next to it and I was sorely tempted. Went with the AS- glad I did but I'll have to get one of the HM some day.

i assume the MOJ didn't go for the AS, not that it matters. Love that guitar. My teacher was skeptical as hell but when he played it said "you just pulled this off the rack? You got a good one".

I looked up the serial a while back and thought it was 87, but seeing as the HM started in 88 it could just as easily be that as one that sat for a while.

100 times I thought about routing it and throwing a Floyd on it... So glad I didn't. That guitar had always felt right.

Sorry for mucking up your thread with memory lane, but looking at yours brought me back to that day... Fuck, 25 or so years ago.

Comment

Nice guitar Stray. You lucky bastage.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

NP Vass I liked the story.

Comment

Those are great players. I've been looking for one for a while now. I dig the teal looking bodies with the maple boards. Nice score man. It looks pretty clean too!

Comment

Pretty cool guitars, I had a chance to borrow one of those for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X