No announcement yet.

What are you playing tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do that too when I have one for sale.Not a wise move sometimes LOL.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

won't change my mind on the ps2. It was a fixer upper. Bought cheap and broken. Selling cheap but not as cheap, and playable but not totally hot rodded.
      dr3 is not bad for a cheap guitar, but I think it should go. Especially if someone gives me the price I am asking.
      I would really like to get rid of my dkmg, but I have enough stuff posted for sale. I don't want to have too many ads at one time. -- out with the old, in with the new.

Since my last post, I played the Soloist that is currently used as my icon.

Comment

I won't be playing anything until 1pm tomorrow - 1991 Jackson Warrior Pro.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

THATS SWEET. I had an old burgandy mist one for a while, w a burns trem. trickiest guitar to keep intune and intonated while ya play it.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Quick snapshot...

The colour is very similar to the old Model series Black Cherry.

Here's a clip of me just improving some shit on it to see what kind of sounds I could make...

https://soundcloud.com/magentaslaad/...axe-fx-2-swart

Comment

Working on my place last night and today (new furniture, new carpet), but after that I'll probably be putting in some time with my Washburn Jumbo Acoustic. I toss 13's on it and tune it to F# to torture my hands. Switch back to my electrics after a week and feel like a superhero movie where they wake up and they're breaking everything because they don't know how strong they are. ;p

It also tortures my cat, as you can see by his expression.

Comment

Kinda hard not to play this one on any given night.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                The jet is sweet.Love the color too.
                The black and white Jackson was on my list when you got it.
                Glad it went to a good home.
                I actually bought her from Guitar Center here in Fairfax Va about 6 years ago (actually she was my first USA Jackson experience and I never looked back) Then I bought a black/white crackle strat off ebay and swapped the necks and neck plates becuse the blank ebony board fit the scheme so well. A fellow member owns the black and white crackle that has a humbucker/single coil and rosewood neck with allen key holder on the back of headstock. I also have a another black/white Jackson strat, that now that she brought up I will play tonight

Maybe you were thinking of this one...
                ... note she is a mutt too,. I swapped the neck with a white Jackson that I just previously bought back a few months back.
                I like black and white guitars

Comment

I'm going with my tried and true bengal.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Holy shit, that's a nice bengal. Is that a factory job or did you have it custom painted?

Also, my apologies to walshula for having to deal with the Fairfax Guitar Center. Couple of cool guys there, but lots of tools too.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                      Holy shit, that's a nice bengal. Is that a factory job or did you have it custom painted?

Also, my apologies to walshula for having to deal with the Fairfax Guitar Center. Couple of cool guys there, but lots of tools too.
                      Thanks, Its a custom shop. I ordered it in July 2004 and got it in Dec 2005. It's a transparent burst top with a bengal overlay.

I know that GC. I bought an RR5 from there in 2000. I used to work at the NRA building up the road.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Very, very nice.

Yeah, I'm a member over at the NRA. Love that range. Also worked in that area 10 years ago and used to go over to the Borders and Guitar Center right there all the time. I'll buy minor stuff there (pickups, picks, strings, etc) but guitars...eh, their offerings haven't impressed me in a long time sadly. Bad dealings with the sales guys too. I guess they figure the dude with the long hair can't afford anything. Hell, one guy followed me around the store one night like I was going to shove the PRS I was playing with down my pants and try to walk out the door. So I go there to mess around and then take my money elsewhere.

The guys in parts are nice for the most part though. Can't remember any of their names, but one guy there with long hair who I think is a manager is a cool dude. And the rest are usually pretty relaxed also. No bad dealings there. Which is funny because it's the least expensive section of the store.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. That's a beautiful axe. I might have to steal that finish for one of my projects.

Comment

This is usually what I play... played it today:

Or this, yesterday:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I believe that black and white crackle you spoke of is in a case in my closet.Great guitar and plays like a dream.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by straycat; 04-12-2014, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              I believe that black and white crackle you spoke of is in a case in my closet.Great guitar and plays like a dream.
                              I thought you had her but just wasn't quite sure. That is an excellent example of a crackle finish and that neck is rather awesome. Just the blank ebony fretboard fit the diagonal scheme so much better so the purchase and swap was made. I am glad to know it went to a good home, the fella you bought from doesn't appreciate the quality of USA Jackson strats. After the trade we made he told me that Ibanez made a much better guitar and had a superior tremolo system so he decided to sell her, I did notice that he swapped out the early 80's OFR that she had on her though :think:
                              I like black and white guitars

Comment

I used the OFR that was on it for a project and put a JT-6 on it.
                                I put a Duncan lil' 59 in the neck and an RS pot upgrade kit.
                                Plays and sounds fantastic and I do play it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X